The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Working within the Process Development team within Industry Operations, you will work on diverse and high value problems impacting the area.
You will work in a team of several analysts with a wide range of skills and knowledge and will have the opportunity to work collaboratively on large projects as well as having ownership of processes and delivering analysis independently. You must be able to work with senior stakeholders to understand, summarise and visualise complex problems into easy to understand solutions, using data to inform and influence business decisions.
The Process development team seeks to use analytics, combined with an understanding of the industry, to solve problems throughout the area. With responsibilities including: automation and delivery of industry processes; mining complex data to recover financial benefit across our customer billing and industry settlement imbalance; and providing vital insight to senior management, you can be guaranteed to have an impact in this role.
As a Senior Data Analyst you will be expected to provide advanced analytics to projects in the form of descriptive analyses, prospective service modelling, retrospective analyses and evaluation. With a high degree of autonomy associated with this role, you’ll manage the expectations of leaders and other stakeholders. You will be responsible for ensuring high data quality and reliable insights data is achieved throughout industry Ops as well as a champion for data governance.
In addition to delivering improvements raised by the operational teams you will be adept with identifying and driving your own ideas to meet business requirements and deliver operational efficiency.
The most challenging part of this role is having the ability to successfully understand the complex data problem whilst having the ability to see the bigger picture.
What will I be doing?
- Have a fundamental understanding of the principles of Agile and lean development
- You’ll lead on ensuring the accuracy, completeness and timely delivery of reports and analysis.
- Communicate conclusions drawn from, and implications of results from statistical and performance analyses to a wide range of stakeholders, guiding them to make an informed decision on a certain course of action
- Convey statistical concepts clearly and develop and deliver formal presentations to individuals and groups
- A good senior not only understands what the team is developing, but thinks about what tasks the finished project should solve.
- Able to lead, coordinate and oversee the work of other analysts as it relates to a specific project.
- Drives data governance and best practices that align with the data strategy for the area.
- Has the ability to experiment and test solutions for problems, validate assumptions for them, and the ability to associate one idea to another to reach a solution
- Able to think in advance about the bottlenecks of the process and the possibility of scaling it, remembers vulnerabilities and problems caused by the improper design
- Document business requirements from multiple stakeholder groups, propose tooling solutions and co-ordinate prioritisation activities
- You will be responsible for maintaining a deep awareness of how a business operation works and helping the stakeholders explore technology possibilities to optimise ways of working.
- Independently solves various problems and has extensive experience refortifying complicated problems through the application of design patterns
- Ability to make lead on delivery of technical requirements and able to make the right decisions that bring maximum benefit to the project.
- Lead on preparing data for less experienced analysts to use
- Advanced leadership skills including the ability to form excellent relationships and to influence and negotiate effectively in order to deliver results
Is this the job for me?
- Experienced in working with technical products that have multiple stakeholders
- A creative thinker who thrives off direct responsibility and delivering value
- Solution oriented driving value creation through simplification
- Highly experience in writing queries in BigQuery and preferably experience with other programming languages, such as using Python or R to interrogate large data sets and identify actionable insights
- You are able to demonstrate the ability to provide clarity in a complex and changing environment
- Consistently demonstrates a strategic understanding of the area and wider business
- The ability to see the bigger picture and understand how a wide range of analytical outputs link together
- Adaptable to change with experience working in a fast-paced, ambitious, customer focused environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with both outstanding verbal and written communications
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.