Location – Bristol / Flexible
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
OVO Metering is at the heart of bringing Britain’s energy system into the 21st Century. Field Operations is an integral part in creating a smart energy system which will mean that our energy networks are run in a completely new way. You’ll be working in our Business Intelligence team (part of Service Delivery) within Field Operations.
What will I be doing?
The ability of Field Operations to analyse and manage its operation, commercial success and progress against its defined priorities is fundamental to OVO Meterings success within OVO Retail. As Senior Data Analyst you will be expected to develop and deliver MI that meets business requirements. This is a challenging role within a large field-based organisation. The role requires an advanced level of time management and a significant level of attention to detail to ensure that high quality information analysis is available to support the delivery of every aspect of Field Operations priorities. The most challenging part of this role is having the ability to successfully manage the twin challenges of delivering a high quality service to meet the demands of your various stakeholders, whilst being the first point of call for the wider MI and data analysis service provided by the Business Intelligence team.
- Appropriately report performance (against predefined targets), providing users with accurate and relevant analysis of Field Operations performance against local and business wide plans, targets and objectives, highlighting where action is required to resolve adverse performance or opportunities exist to improve performance.
- Direct, lead and perform on ad-hoc analyses into specific alerts that have been raised.
- Responsible for the delivery of management information and data analysis to leaders across Field Operations, ensuring that users have the information that they require to deliver the highest quality and most efficient service possible.
- You’ll ensure that there is full engagement with leaders across Field Operations in how regular management information is developed and published. You’ll lead on ensuring the accuracy, completeness and timely delivery of reports and analysis.
- Communicate conclusions drawn from, and implications of results from statistical and performance analyses to a wide range of stakeholders, guiding them on a certain course of action. Convey statistical concepts clearly and develop and deliver formal presentations to individuals and groups.
- Responsible for all aspects of information management across Field Operations, including the quality of data captured, and the provision of information to support the planning, operational and performance management of Field Operations. Within Field Operations you’ll be the person with advanced knowledge of information governance and advise on issues around confidentiality (i.e. GDPR considerations) and data-sharing.
- As Senior Data Analyst there will be an ongoing requirement for you to act within minimum guidelines, setting standards for Field Operations and establishing how business objectives, goals and priorities should be interpreted and implemented in relation to creating, developing and retiring metrics. With a high degree of autonomy associated with this role, you’ll manage the expectations of leaders and other stakeholders.
- Provide advanced analytical services to projects in the form of descriptive analyses, prospective service modelling, retrospective analyses and evaluation.
- Analyse and extract relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data to product required management information and insight.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services, and initiatives which may be highly complex, sensitive and contain contentious information with the aim of providing information and analytical advice to the teams.
- Work closely with colleagues across Field Operations to understand business problems and how data might help drive better decision making and visibility of areas for improvement.
- Analyse and validate data to ensure high data quality and reliable insights. Partner with the Data Engineer to improve data assets, quality, metrics and insights.
- Work closely with Performance Improvement teams to proactively identify opportunity areas for deep dive investigations and MI development.
Do I have what it takes?
Essential skills and experience:
- Three or more years of relevant experience as a data analyst with a solid working knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques, statistical analysis tools, Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets and data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Advanced analytical and statistical skills with ability to analyse, interpret and resolve highly complex problems.
- Must have experience of writing metrics definitions that capture user requirements
- Experience of performing analysis of data to support business decision making using large data sets
- Advanced leadership skills including the ability to form excellent relationships and to influence and negotiate effectively in order to deliver results including within Field Operations and across into OVO Retail.
- High standard of written and verbal communication including the ability to present and receive complex information, including presentations to individuals and groups of varied ability and understanding of the subject matter being presented.
- Experience working in a fast paced, ambitious, customer focused environment.
Ideally you will have…
- Ability to apply statistical techniques (i.e. hypothesis testing, control groups)
- A fundamental understanding of the principles of Agile and lean development.
- An excellent understanding of a broad set of modern technologies across front end, back end and data platforms.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Notting Hill, London, United Kingdom