Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles.
One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more atli.me
Remote Friendly (US / CA). As long as you are located in the Pacific or Mountain time zones, you are welcome to work from where you love to live and still be a key part of Lime! Lime operates electric scooters and bikes, but our mission is larger.
We believe in transforming cities through green, affordable, and accessible transportation for everyone. Headquartered in San Francisco, USA, we operate in more than 120 cities in 31 countries, with plans to expand responsibly. To do that, we need great people. Data is at the core of every decision at Lime – from designing vehicles, to deploying them, enhancing the user’s experience, optimizing our supply chain or warehouse operations. Every team at Lime engages with Data Science & Analytics. Our goal is to provide data insights and models that drive better business outcomes.
We are looking for intellectually curious, highly motivated individuals to join our Data Science & Analytics team. You will partner with our Engineering, Product, and Operations teams to identify critical issues to the business, develop a deep understanding of them, and design scalable solutions. You will leverage your quantitative and modeling skills to transform signals into insights, and insights into actions. You should have strong analytical skills, excellent communication abilities, and a knack for working across teams in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Develop a deep understanding of a particular problem space that’s relevant to the business and propose solutions to improve it
- Conduct statistical analysis to extract insights from the data and communicate findings
- Guide product and strategic decisions with experimentation and in-depth analyses
- Build models that help optimize business decisions
- Define metrics and build data pipelines that make data insights accessible to all
- MS in Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or other quantitative fields – PhD is a plus
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Data Scientist
- Proficient in SQL and a programming language such as Python
- Hands-on experience with data pipelines and visualization tools
- Deep and practical understanding of probability and statistics, including causal inference
- Understanding of Machine Learning algorithms and practical experience building them is a plus but not required
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a general audience
- Great product intuition and ability to generate hypotheses alone
- Capable of turning insights into actionable product ideas
- Strong communication skills with a consistent record of collaborating across a wide variety of teams and disciplines in a dynamic environment
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.