Working at Limejump
Limejump is an award-winning energy tech company, connecting customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work to revolutionise the UK energy industry.
We are an ambitious company, looking to change the way businesses and consumers interact with their electricity. Following our acquisition by Shell New Energies in 2019, we are looking for talented individuals to support exponential growth against our sustainable goals. This is an exciting opportunity to join an independently operating, fully owned subsidiary of a globally established energy company and to become instrumental in challenging and changing the smart grid space. Our culture is shaped by individuals who want to make a difference every day and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
We want you as our new Senior Data Engineer to be apart and help Limejump shape a more sustainable world of cleaner energy. You will be responsible for contributing to and helping lead the architecture, design and roll-out of a new enterprise-wide data platform.
Your primary responsibility is to oversee the development of our new data warehouse, built on top of Snowflake. You will oversee architecture and design, as well as hands on building out of infrastructure and pipelines; likely leveraging Confluent Cloud/Kafka. You will also take on a wider role supporting data strategy too, whilst being supported from people across the business including data scientists, platform engineers and a BI analyst.
You will have a proven track record of implementing modern data architectures, a strong attention to detail and the ability to learn and work independently. You will report directly into our Head of Data Science.
What you’ll do:
- Designing, building and deploying a Snowflake data warehouse.
- Building pipelines to ingest data, both batch and in real-time.
- Educating team members in data engineering best practices.
- Contribute towards Limejump’s overall data strategy and roadmap.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Project and team management.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Both project delivery and management experience.
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with modern, cloud-based data architectures, ideally with experience of Snowflake and/or AWS data services.
- Experience with both batch and streaming ingestion frameworks, and specific experience with Kafka.
- A flexible, innovative mindset: this is a fast-moving often complex environment where you will have to take responsibility for solving difficult problems.
- A degree (BSc/ MSc/ PhD) in a quantitative subject (Maths, Physical sciences, Computer science etc…) or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience using Python/SQL for data engineering work within data-intensive environments. Ideally in the energy, tech, finance, or consumer goods sector.
Desirable Technology Experience:
- Confluent Cloud
Why you would love working at Limejump:
- Flexible working options and 25 days annual leave (+ a day off for your birthday!).
- An Innovation Card loaded with your learning budget and 10% time to learn at work.
- Private Medical Insurance with Axa PPP. Cover has £0 excess per year for employee only. Option to also include family and/or partner via payroll deductions.
- A subsidised onsite gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme.
- Regular team social events, Summer and Christmas parties.
- Shared Lunch n’ Learns sessions and skill sharing opportunities.
- Fair pay and performance practices, including a transparent bonus structure.
- A friendly plant-filled office with regular fruit delivery and fresh roasted local coffee (+many more tasty treats/drinks).
- A holistic Employee Assistance programme, offering free phone and/or face-to-face counselling and an excellent discount programme.
Limejump values equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
About Your Application Data
By clicking the “Submit Application” button you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:Limejump Ltd. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Limejump Ltd.’s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes. Consequently, Limejump Ltd. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment. Limejump Ltd. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Limejump Ltd. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Limejump Ltd.’s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Limejump Ltd. as well as to third parties acting on Limejump Ltd.’s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Limejump Ltd with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.