DryGro is growing more than plants: our team is hiring our first internal developer position. We need an experienced backend engineer or data engineer who is comfortable building SaaS platforms from the ground up to build our crop tracking and environmental metrics system.
You’ll be working with contractors, internal stakeholders, and external partners such as the European Space Agency and RHEATECH to integrate various data sources into a cohesive source of usable insight. This is a hands-on role that will have you working with functions across our business and technologies.
This position is based in London but able to work remotely while COVID restrictions are in effect, through to the end of 2020 minimum.
- Contribute to the technological vision, roadmap, and culture of the tech team in collaboration with the CTO
- Work with stakeholders to develop the architecture for our data platform, used by DryGro for Lemna production and research
- Select appropriate technology stacks to scale at pace with our computing needs
- Build a prototype data-access portal (such as Grafana) and an access point for SQL queries
- Model and manage databases to suit DryGro’s data infrastructure and analysis needs
- Write integration, acceptance and functional tests for the codebase
- Integrate monitoring and alerting tooling for system services
- Develop and maintain version control systems
- Hire and manage external contractors for specialty tasks like front-end development, firmware, or any other specific support required
- Work closely with the Operations Director, Head of Plant Science and on-site team as well as external partners, contractors, and suppliers to ensure software is successfully implemented
- Excellent track record working on software services
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with back-end development
- High attention to detail and drive for excellence in quality
- Strong communication skills across a variety of mediums
- Ability to adapt to a variety of cultures
- Highly organised
- Excellent time management
Our team is motivated by the potential to mitigate the impacts of climate change and increase food security around the world. The Senior Data Engineer role is core to our operations, playing a significant role in our development and in our ability to impact the world. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to work with our team of engineers, strategists and technologists. You will get exposure to a range of fields, and there are plenty of opportunities for skill development.
Location: London, UK
Job type: Permanent, Full-time position
Salary range: £60,000-90,000 per year
At DryGro we embrace diversity. To excel in our global interdisciplinary work we need a team that can view problems from many perspectives. We are committed to hiring the best, regardless of age, colour, disability, gender identity, marital status, nationality, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
If you require specific arrangements for an interview, please advise us in your application. DryGro is an equal opportunity employer.