Limejump is an award-winning energy tech company, connecting customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work to revolutionise the UK energy industry.
You will have a proven track record of applying data science in production environments, a strong attention to detail and the ability to learn and work independently. This position will report directly to our Head of Data Science.
- Designing, building and deploying data science solutions, such as:
- Creating and improving machine learning models for forecasting.
- Creating market-leading algorithms that are used to operate and/or manage distributed energy assets, including in real-time.
- Build and validate models, applications, and services for guiding decisions by analytics, commercial, trading and operations teams.
- Explore how machine learning methods, processes, and techniques can be further applied to core Limejump challenges, and present key findings internally and externally.
- Contribute towards Limejump’s data science strategy and roadmap.
- Maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for project and team management.
- Experience working with time-series data, ideally in real-time.
- Quick understanding of complex problems, and problem-solving skills.
- Both project and team management experience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A degree (BSc/ MSc/ PhD) in a quantitative subject (Maths, Physical sciences, Computer science etc…).
- 4+ years of experience in using Python for commercial data science work within data-intensive environments, especially in the energy, tech, finance, or consumer goods sector.
- Expertise with machine learning and deep learning techniques and frameworks, especially those used for time series prediction.
- Demonstrated ability to work with large volumes of data, such as for forecasting and real-time control of assets, preferably processing live data streams.
- A flexible, innovative mindset: this is a fast-moving often complex environment where you will have to take responsibility for solving difficult problems.
- Experience in developing or supporting forecasts within the energy sector
- Experience in Bayesian statistics and/or econometrics
- Top Data Science credentials (such as Kaggle Masters)
- Further degree in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science (MSc/ PhD)
- Ideally, we are looking Full Stack Data Scientist; as such you would be expected to understand the business and industry context, conceptualise solutions, extract and prepare data, develop models, write production-ready code, deploy the models and algorithms, and track their performance
Note: All applicants must have a current right to work in the UK without a work permit. Limejump cannot sponsor employment visas for this role.
- Flexible working options and 25 days annual leave (+ a day off for your birthday!)
- An Innovation Card loaded with your learning budget and 10% time to learn at work
- A subsidised onsite gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular team social events, summer and Christmas parties
- Shared Lunch n’ Learns sessions and skill sharing opportunities
- A friendly plant-filled office with regular fruit delivery and fresh roasted local coffee
- Fair pay and performance practices, including a transparent bonus structure.
- A holistic Employee Assistance programme, offering free phone and/or face-to-face counselling and an excellent discount programme