What we do
Time is running out.
For Europe to have a fighting chance to reach its net zero targets, we need to transform our entire economy within an unprecedented scale and timeframe. The EU is leveraging sustainable finance regulations as the catalyst that will drive this transformation. We are building the technology that will scale their adoption.
Our SaaS platform will harness the potential of machine learning to help companies navigate and implement these regulatory frameworks, removing the significant cost and time barriers that are blocking them from achieving their climate neutrality objectives.
Based out of the Berlin AI Campus and financially backed by Merantix AG, we have access to a deep network engineers, scientists, and entrepreneurs from leading companies and universities. You will be joining an experienced founding team with backgrounds in machine learning, law & sustainability as well as previous venture and consulting experience in the LegalTech, RegTech and NLP space.
Joining as our Senior Data Scientist / ML engineer…
- You will use your expertise and knowledge in the fields of Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to lead the development of the core ML services that power our product.
- You will understand user requirements and use your knowledge to explore how data science and machine learning could solve these problems.
- You will have maturity in thinking about machine learning applications and understand how to take them through from experimentation to robust, deployed ML services.
- You will be a key part of the technical decision-making process.
- You will strive for best practices in data science and ML development.
- Ultimately, you will use data to help accelerate Briink’s mission impact and help us make a real difference.
You’ll play a critical role in defining and driving the ML tech stack so if you think you’d be great at this job even if you don’t hit all these requirements, please still apply!
- 3+ years experience as a data scientist or ML engineer.
- Fluency in python for modern data science.
- Experience with NLP tools and techniques (e.g. Huggingface, Spacy)
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch, Scikit-learn).
- Experience building robust ML solutions from experimentation to production.
- Experience working with software developers to deploy ML applications as services harnessing API frameworks (e.g. Flask, FastAPI, Django) and deployment technologies (e.g. Docker).
- Experience with git (e.g. github).
- You are curious, pragmatic, quickly learn new domains and can bring a new perspective to our team.
- You are fluent in English (German not required).
- Located in Europe and willing to relocate to Berlin full-time or come to Berlin for your first 3 months to get to know the team followed by a remote/hybrid model: We can sponsor relocation for the right candidate.
Nice to haves
- Experience with machine learning deployment and MLOPs frameworks (e.g. MLFlow).
- Experience building data pipelines and storage for high volume, unstructured text document data (e.g. ElasticSearch).
- Comfortable with DevOps on Cloud architectures (e.g. AWS/GCP, terra form).
- Experience with web scraper technologies (e.g. Scrapy).
What we offer
- We believe in our mission – and we’d love for you to help us accelerate the transition to a sustainable world!
- We believe in trust and ownership – flexible working hours, flat hierarchies as well as regular feedback are all part of it.
- We live our values – a dynamic, diverse and highly motivated team which supports and mentors each other.
- We promote our culture – regular team events and intensive exchange with other companies on the AI Campus.
- We have a cool HQ – Newly renovated office at the AI Campus in the heart of Berlin, complete with fresh fruit, Friday driinks :), and an amazing ecosystem of other startups, engineers and data scientists.
- A competitive salary and equity package.