The world is in a waste crisis, currently we produce 2 billion tons of solid waste per year.
Unfortunately, 60% of that is controlled landfill and open dumps, of which only 14% is recycled. The consequence of this have both a major ecological and environmental impact.
Greyparrot is a UK tech company providing deep learning-based computer vision software for recycling and waste management. Our camera system and AI software are deployed in recycling plants and waste facilities to measure material flows and provide waste analytics.
We are also embedding our recognition capabilities with suppliers of next-gen smart bins and sorting robots to bring the rapidly growing $530 billion waste industry into the 21st century. Our vision is to create a world where waste is treated as a resource. It is monitored, captured and reused in the most effective way.
As a Senior Deep Learning Engineer, you will join a technically and commercially strong team in developing and licensing world-leading artificial intelligence waste analytics platform. Having successfully raised funding and won commercial deals with some of the best brands in our market, we are ready to grow from servicing a few customers to 100+ customers.
• Develop solutions using the latest Deep Learning methods in areas of object detection, classification and semantic segmentation.
• Implement and modify machine learning methods using best software development practices.
• Train, analyse and report model performance.
• Develop tools for further automating research and analysis.
• The role involves pushing the boundaries of what deep learning can do, by following and building upon the latest research.
• You will be joining an early-stage startup with the ability to shape our future direction both for our research and for the solutions we deliver to customers.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years (required) 5+ years (desired) experience of applying machine learning and deep learning methods in the industry.
• Experience in developing practical deep learning applications using detection architectures (Faster-RCNN, SSD, YOLO, EfficientDet)
• Solid theoretical understanding of machine learning and neural networks
• Experience with machine learning methods, such as active learning, clustering, semisupervised learning, zero- and few-shot learning
• Solid hands-on software development skills in Python (numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, OpenCV) and familiarity with C++
• Ability to write clear, efficient and scalable code
• Experience with one or more Deep Learning Framework (Pytorch, Tensorflow)
• Analytical mindset, strong abstract thinking skills
Right now, we’re still a small team, but we’re well funded and growing. As one of our early employees, you will have the opportunity to have a say in defining team culture and help shape a business at the forefront of the global environmental crisis.
• Competitive salary
• Strong equity
• Strong flexible-working
• Open to remote working
• 25 days holiday each year
• Paid sick leave for physical and mental health needs
• Unlimited fresh fruit, tea, coffee and healthy snacks provided
• Paid maternity, paternity, adoption or shared parental leave
At Greyparrot we are 100% committed to building a diverse and representative team. Whatever your race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability – we want to hear from you.