Location – London / Bristol
6 month FTC
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting into the Head of Creative, the Creative Studio Senior Designer will play an exciting role in one of the most exceptional tasks our business has undertaken to date.
We’re after a fun, ambitious, and gifted Senior Designer to work across our portfolio of energy brands, and improve the lives of millions of customers. This role will deliver multiple digital and print communications – consistently, concisely and in our brand guidelines.
We believe our brands to be transformative in the world – they do more than just sell energy. You will be responsible for setting direction, creating design approaches and systems across marcomms communications as well as working with product designers to ensure brand consistency across app and web. The role will be as varied as it is fun.
You’ll champion our customers, have their experience at heart, and use brilliant, brand-appropriate design to help them understand the changes we’re making to their energy experience. Always hands on, learning as you go, this role should be bucket loads of fun!
What will I be doing?
You will be part of a tight-knit creative studio of writers, project managers and designers – set up to work purely on this change project – but you will have regular engagement with the brand and marketing team for support and guidance. You will also be hands on with cross functional teams from marketing, tech, compliance all the way to the UX/UI community.
- Collaborating with the creative team and stakeholders to set the refreshed creative direction across our customer experience, including marketing comms, operational comms and a new digital experience
- Collaborate with Marketing, Digital Product and other teams to deliver across all project requirements
- Steering design direction within a large, complex change project with multi-disciplinary teams, as well as overseeing smaller fast-paced deliverables
- Champion the brand across all comms
- Make sure all print and digital projects are executed within the timeline and schedule
- Ensuring the design decisions we make are codified within guidelines and are able to be understood and implemented by the wider teams
- Work with the project team to ensure the integrity of the original concept/brief is met at each stage of the project
- Taking accountability of work delivered, and understanding its impact on the wider business
- Presenting creative direction across comms and the platform to senior stakeholders for feedback and sign off
- Managing a team of artworkers, ensuring the integrity of the original concept/brief is met and that the guidelines are adhered to
- Support the design development of communications (emails, letters, web and app pages as needed) as directed by briefs
- Managing personal workload and schedules while actively responding to fluctuating project workloads, you’ll work with studio project managers who will schedule and brief in your work
Is this the job for me?
This person will have a track record in delivering creative work for Digital, Marketing, Product and Internal Brand teams ideally in fast paced, retailing environments. They will also have experience supporting a wider team with key initiatives. They will have;
- A wealth of design experience
- A creative and conceptual thinker. Able to develop and improve brands within their existing guidelines
- Proven track record with creating excellent brand and design work from concept to production
- Strong experience in designing robust, multifunctional branding structures
- Ability to clearly articulate your design approach and rationale. Brand awareness and understanding of strategy based logic
- Passionate about design and brands with a proactive personality
- Innovative style, quick and calm thinking skills and a passion for problem solving
- Eagle eyed detail orientation with a focus on deadlines and successful delivery
- An open mind – and willingness to receive feedback
- A passion for learning
- Confidence – especially when it comes to expressing ideas, brainstorming with designers/other copywriters and communicating with other team members
- An outstanding portfolio of published/live work that spans different channels: from print to digital, conceptual ads, branding, merchandise, websites, and mobile apps.
- Impeccable technical skills (software and analog). Fluent in adobe CC (photoshop / illustrator / indesign, After Effects), and Figma
- Experience working with Marketing and Product teams
- Experience working within regulated industries a benefit
- Energy and positivity; the person everyone wants to have in the room
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.