The Infarm Communications Team is part of Infarm’s Impact Organization which is led by Infarm’s Chief Impact Officer. Impact@ Infarm aligns efforts across the company to influence the way we as a society think about the modern food system while striving to create positive and meaningful change.
By championing Infarm’s vision, products, services and values; creating industry partnerships to multiply impact; and communicating the health, sustainability and environmental benefits of our approach to urban farming, the Impact organization is Infarm’s global voice to spark (r)evolution across the global industry that manages the growth and regulation of our modern agricultural system.
Scope of Role
As leader of Infarm’s Global Communications Team and aligned with the goals of Infarm’s Impact organization, your role is to lead, coach and inspire a dynamic, flexible and skilled global communications team to shape and share the narratives of Infarm’s revolutionary vision for building a new food system and the benefits of the Infarm approach to urban farming with journalists and key audiences including business, trade partners, NGOs and government audiences around the world.
Further, you will be responsible for the public affairs efforts at a city government level for expansion of the business as well as for high-level government engagement and influence related to policy.
Key role duties
- Build and drive Infarm’s global communications strategy to raise Infarm’s voice for positive change in the global food system;
- Establish communications platforms for speaking /thought-leadership on behalf of C-suite and senior executives to maximize opportunities to extend Infarm’s influence and growth within the sustainability, innovation, food tech and agricultural sectors;
- Manage global communications metrics and talking points to unify communications at a global, regional and local level;
- Manage the website with a view to showcasing the defined aspects of Infarm’s business and developing the CMS to assist the growth of the company’s presence internationally;
- Manage communications crises to preserve brand reputation across global markets;
- Provide strategic communications advice and counsel to Infarm C-suite and senior regional and local executives to support long-term vision of company growth, awareness, influence and impact;
- Leverage communications related to global partnerships, trade and client relationships to maximize media presence, drive influence and impact;
- Set-up and support country level teams where needed in conjunction with country leadership and create the ‘machine’ that allows for strong visibility in key markets
- Support International expansion efforts through a public affairs strategy for each new region especially city governments;
- Collaborate with the People-led internal communications lead to ensure a unified communications approach outside and within organization;
- Align closely with the brand and marketing organizations to ensure a unified global brand approach to external audiences.
Skills and experience you possess:
- Senior communications executive with at least 15+ years of work experience leading global communications strategy in a high-growth business and disruptive technology environment
- Core experience in media relations and the combination of PR agency and in-house leadership roles is desirable
- A good understanding of the scaleup-to-established technology company journey and culture, and the ability to shape the narrative with the change
- Experience with crisis communications and reputation management and a demonstrated ability to maintain calm under pressure
- 10+ years of people management experience, with the demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain top talent
- Business development mindset where communications directly contributes to business objectives
- Exceptional writer and dynamic speaker with experience serving as spokesperson
- Entrepreneurial and a hands-on style with a strong bias for action and results while working effectively in a fast-moving and fast-changing environment that values collaboration without ego
- Operates at a high level of intensity, acting with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence
- You are fluent in English and preferably another European language
- You also read job applications completely and show it by writing “I love Coriander” in your application letter.
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.