Operations | Up to £50k p.a. | Remote (but a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We are growing faster than the market and we need your help to maintain that velocity.
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Electrical Project Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Projects and Planning and will be based remotely with potential opportunity to visit our Old Street Office if you choose once we have more government clarification on COVID restrictions.
What you’ll do
- Quote and Design EV Charging infrastructure Schemes
- Accurately price and design work packages based on surveys completed by our field team
- Find innovative solutions to reduce installation costs
- Project Planning and Delivery
- Plan commercial installation work to time, cost and quality; and to maximise customer satisfaction and safety
- Project Management
- Manage all aspects of our installation work across both our in-house teams and subcontract teams
- Subcontract work
- Produce quote packs
- Assess and select subcontractors
- Manage contracts to ensure time, cost, quality and safety KPIs are met
- Assess the performance of contractors
- In-house installs
- Plan our work
- Manage the on site actions of our teams
- Ensure our teams meet our time, cost, quality and safety KPIs
- Assess the performance of our inhouse teams
- Evaluate our performance against key KPIs
- Constantly seek to improve our performance
What you’ll need
- 2+ years of electrical project management experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of Contract Management or Project management roles
- A strong understanding of Electrical Building Services installations and Contracts Management
- Previous experience of managing commercial installs, small and large, with civil and electrical elements using both in house and subcontract field team
- Keen focus on Health and Safety
- Excellent written communication skills
- Confident talking to key project stakeholders
- Comfortable working with numbers and data
- Calm under pressure and able to make decisions quickly
- Have previously worked as an electrician or electrical design engineer
- City and Guilds 18th Edition/2391 or 2394/95
- Degree educated
- Previous experience in the electrical contracting industry
- ECS / CSCS cardholder
- SMSTS Certification
- AutoCAD experience
- A dog you can bring into the office (once Coronavirus abates)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
The socially distant elephant in the room
So, you may have noticed that the world is a little different right now. As such, there might be a few parts of this spec that appear a bit wishy-washy. We’re sorry about that and we’ll try to give as much clarity as possible as and when we have answers.
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so for now the majority of our team is working from home and we’re not sure when it will be safe for everyone to return to the office. We are, however, continuing to look for candidates who are able to commute to the Old Street area of London when the world becomes a bit more safe. In the meantime, we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely.
We also realise it may seem daunting starting a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we’ve put in place some extra initiatives whilst we’re in lockdown (for both “work” and “play”) to keep our culture humming.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!