Moixa is a high growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company and has developed a large-scale control system for distributed energy storage systems to act as a Virtual Power Plant.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare – the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology by providing behind the meter optimisation and exposure to flexibility markets.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Engineer to join our team of talented engineers to work on the next generation GridShare Hub, an embedded energy management system that interfaces locally with controllable energy storage assets. These include any subset of:
- Building Embedded Linux distributions using technologies such as OpenEmbedded or Yocto
- Manage a large fleet of distributed IOT devices, including upgrade pipelines and security patches on the OS layer
- Writing resilient software applications able to operate autonomously and offline during large periods of time on resource-constrained devices
Even though the role initially focuses on embedded Linux you will be encouraged to work and grow your knowledge on multiple parts of the stack according to your personal interests and abilities. Our team has a strong tradition of using functional programming and type systems to build pragmatic and flexible systems to satisfy business requirements, but we are technology agnostic and always try to choose the best tool for the job. Most software components on the GridShare Hub are written in Rust.
- BSc or higher in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Senior level industry experience in the full product cycle of a Linux embedded platform.
- Deep understanding of the TCP/IP network architecture, main protocols and debugging tools.
- Managing embedded Linux operating systems.
- Experience writing software on embedded Linux platforms.
- Industry experience with communication technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or PLC.
- Experience writing software in Rust.
- OpenEmbedded and/or Yocto.
- Familiarity with automated testing tools and debugging methodologies.
- Experience working with Board Support Packages and Hardware bring-up.
- Interest in the energy sector or distributed IoT systems.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams.
You should be:
- Happy working in a fast-moving team in which your initiative and contributions have a big impact.
- Motivated and enthusiastic, open to learn new things and face problems that have not been solved before.
- Self-starter, managing your own workload and deadlines.
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance with Bupa
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
- £1000 bonus for referring a new hire
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Access to Spill, Employee Mental Health Support platform
Location: This role can be fully remote inside the GMT +/- 2 time zone. Our offices in Farringdon (London) and Manchester will remain available for any employees who wish to use them on a part-time or full-time basis.
Duration: Full time
Salary: £55,000 to £75,000 GBP p.a. depending on experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.