With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Quality Assurance
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is hiring an Embedded/Platform Software QA Engineer with significant testing and automation experience. As a member of the team, you will participate in the design, development, and testing of platform/embedded software features on our networked EV charging stations spanning across areas such as driver experience, EV charging protocols, and networking. The Platform Software QA Team focuses on an array of charging solutions comprising Home, Commercial AC, DC Fast and Ultrafast DC stations, being deployed across the world.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Create test plans, write test cases, and other QA documents based on platform software requirements and specifications
- Perform hands-on testing of platform/embedded software
- Automate test cases and processes using Python
- File and track bugs from opening to closure after verification
- Report defects and follow-through as necessary to complete the testing cycle
- Provide timely status updates and assist the team in making decisions about release-readiness
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand support/field issues and drive solutions
- Excellent communication, testing and troubleshooting skills
- 5+ years of Embedded/Platform Software testing experience
- Linux and Programming (preferably Python) expertise
- Board level testing (if any, will be an added bonus)
- Self-motivated with ability to work cross-functionally
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.