Clim8 is a digital platform for environmentally-focused investments, discovery and sharing ideas. We are developing an app for investing in clean energy and green companies so that everyone can make an impact with their savings. Our overall mission is to have a positive impact on climate change.
We’re looking for an ambitious, hands-on Senior Engineer with Back End and DevOps systems knowledge with proven engineering experience and an analytical mindset. As a member of our engineering team, you will be responsible for high quality delivery of all of Clim8’s technical best practices.
You’ll be immersed in an agile environment, working closely with the Director of Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to build, scale, and optimise our customer experience.
In addition to delivering our mobile apps and third-party integrations, you will support Clim8’s leadership in hiring and establishing a strong engineering team.
- Designing and Implementing the backend services.
- Engaging with the Product team and the Front end developers.
- Implementing and maintaining the CD/CI pipelines.
- Dockerize micro-services.
- Doing code reviews.
- Attending the agile meetings.
- Owning the DevOps space.
- Maintaining and implementing changes to the DevOps infrastructure in the cloud using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Micro-service design experience.
- API design experience.
- Java, Spring&Spring Boot ecosystem.
- SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with cloud platforms, ideally AWS, and containerisation tools such as Docker.
- Experience with CD/CI.
- Experience with cucumber or similar.
- Passionate about technology with a strong record of delivering world-class technology in a tech-led space.
- Passionate about DevOps.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Kubernetees.
- Proficient in Linux.
- Passionate in building tools and automation to improve the quality of the infrastructure.
A bit about you
- You’re passionate about software development and user experience.
- Your code reads like well-written prose.
- You consider working in a safe and friendly environment important.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
- Start-up experience.
- Passionate about making a difference on climate change.
- A natural team player who enjoys working multiple development collaboratively with colleagues.
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- Modern office space with complimentary access to the gym.
- 100% Remote working after COVID.
- Birthday off
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity package
- Modern office space right next to Hammersmith station with complimentary access to the gym
- Birthday off