Highview Power is a small but growing global organisation who are leading the way towards a cleaner, more efficient and secure energy future.
Our proprietary long duration, zero emissions energy storage system utilises cryogenic technology and surplus electricity; at times of low demand/low cost, to make liquid air which can be stored and later converted back into energy and released into the grid, at times of high demand/high cost.
This award-winning technology has been dubbed as “the missing link” to making Renewable Green Energy sources a more resilient, reliable and cost-effective option when compared with traditional fossil fuel alternatives.
Highview Power value their employees and are committed to creating a positive, inspiring and inclusive working environment.
About the Role
The Senior Project Manager will report to the EPC Director and manage a project team of reports whilst leading the delivery of Highview projects from an EPC perspective.
In return, Highview Power will provide the successful candidate with training and development opportunities, competitive salary….. and the chance to join us while we build a cleaner, greener, better future for everyone.
- Manage the EPC contract and ensure EPC project delivery performance working closely with the EPC contractor
- Manage contractor performance through regular progress reviews to ensure cost and schedule adherence and improvement
- Undertake quality assurance audits and inspections
- Complete safety audits ensuring accountability and duty of care
- Facilitate ongoing operational performance including reviewing drawings and documentation
- Attend operational meetings contributing to project scope and identifying training requirements
- Provide improvement opportunities for the future portfolio from a wider project process perspective
- Secure learning and knowledge from delivered activities sharing knowledge across the project portfolio
- Meet HVP business plan objectives through delivery of the above
- Support the delivery of the HVP supply chain strategy
- Develop, build and implement individual HVP project teams working closely with HR
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of general tasks and duties, and that the job description may be subject to changes according to the requirements of the organisation. The job holder will be expected to complete all tasks within his/her level of skill and ability.
- A relevant qualification such as a HNC or equivalent in Engineering, Business or Energy
- Extensive Project Management experience gained from the process, natural resource or power generation industries
- UK and EU EPC/EPCM experience in the delivery of projects across all phases including concept, FEED, Execution, Commissioning and Handover
- EPC Total Installed Cost [TIC] experience of projects with TIC of £30mill to £350mill
- Experience of various contract forms such as FIDIC, NEC or IChem E
- Experience in management of multi-contract execution structure including C&I and M&E
- Experience of managing and developing of EPC teams and stakeholder relationships
- A relevant BSc Degree or equivalent such as Engineering, Business or Energy
- Management of portfolio of projects in various phases of completion
- EPC power project experience coupled with EPC process project experience
- Experience in management of multi-contract execution structure including Civils
- Supply Chain experience in development of supplier agreements/contracts
- Team behaviours which are supportive of a team ethos
- EPC delivery focused
- Genuine interest in the environment, sustainability and renewable energy
- Good communication skills across project teams and stakeholder communities
- The chance to make a difference!
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrolment pension (after 3 months’ service)
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work loan
- Training & development opportunities