Location: London or Bristol / flexible
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
You’ll be joining the FP&A function, working as part of the One Finance team at OVO Energy. The One Finance team’s objectives are:
- Financial Control; to ensure OVO’s resources are directed, monitored and measured in an accurate and timely manner and to maintain a ‘No Surprises Environment’
- Financial Planning; to allocate future resources beneficially across OVO and to introduce a clear method to achieve these plans
- Strategy; to help build and execute an action plan and to drive OVO towards its long term objectives
The senior members of the One Finance team are the CFO, and their finance leadership team (including the Deputy CFO). This role will report to the Deputy CFO.
OVO is a great place to work and has an exciting and ambitious growth strategy – which you’ll play a key part of planning.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be the Senior Finance Analyst – Gross Margin in the FP&A team. In this role you will play a key part in the progressive development of the FP&A team. Reporting to the FP&A Manager the role will be responsible for:
- Leading the collation of Gross Margin forecasts and analytical activities with responsibility for both Ovo Energy and SSE Energy.
- The gross margin forecasts are held within a database that requires Python and SQL scripts to query.
- Partnering the Commercial, Trading and Capital Allocations teams, converting data into insight to drive commercial decision making
- Take ownership of the central Gross Margin Model developing it to be as effective as possible
- Maintaining a robust forecast process identifying risks and opportunities and ensuring that the business has plans in place to address them
- Build reporting and analysis capability
- Support ad hoc Information and analysis requests
- Continuously improve processes and build value added capabilities
Is this the job for me?
The ideal candidate will have strong demonstrable BI Skills for example: Power BI; Power Query; Qlikview; Tableau etc, with experience of gross margin analysis in a complex commercial environment.
Ideally you’ll have:
- Strong commercial acumen, willing and able to challenge accepted practices and processes
- Strong analytical skills; able to understand complex data and articulate the key drivers of performance, simplifying the story for stakeholders.
- Given that the gross margin forecasts are held within a database that requires Python and SQL scripts to query, you will need the skills and experience to manage these scripts..
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to support and influence key stakeholders in order to make the right commercial decisions for Ovo
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Energy/Utility experience would be desirable but not essential
- A Chartered Accountancy qualification is also desirable but not essential
You should be diligent with a preference for attention to detail, and be willing to dig and investigate at depth to resolve problems.
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.