Moixa is a high growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare – the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
We are looking for a Senior Firmware Engineer to join our small, focused and collaborative team of talented developers; to build the features the company needs to succeed in its vision. These include any subset of:
- Developing the firmware for our hardware devices including optimisation on the edge and integrations with third party energy storage devices, using C/C++ and Rust.
- Design, code and test sub-systems that provide high performance functionality on constrained hardware, such as developing control algorithms and communication interfaces.
- Working experience on the full embedded stack from bootloader to high-level application software, including embedded Linux operating systems.
Your key skills:
- 5+ years’ experience developing and architecting software, with experience of the full lifecycle from prototype to production.
- Experience developing C/C++ in bare metal systems and/or RTOS.
- Ability to integrate hardware and software to develop end-to-end solutions.
- Happy working in a small, fast-moving team, in which your individual initiative and contributions can have a big impact.
- Contribute in a multi-disciplinary team following modern software engineering practices (e.g. Git).
Your ideal experience:
- Familiarity with automated testing tools and debugging methodologies.
- Experience with battery management systems and DC/DC converters.
- Ability to read hardware schematics and PCBs.
- Experience in any of: Rust / Python.
This role can be fully remote inside the GMT +/- 2 timezone. Our offices in Farringdon (London) and Manchester will remain available for any employees that wish to use them on a part-time or full-time basis.
Joining us gives you:
- Salary 50-65k GBP p.a. depending on experience
- Stock options package
- UK: 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
- £1000 bonus for referring a new hire
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity and Sickness pay
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.