Rype Office, a rapidly growing and award-winning office furniture remanufacturer based in London, is seeking a full-time Senior Fitter to deliver client projects.
We have a great team of talented staff who are exceptional at their jobs and who respect and support each other. Our suppliers trust us, and our customers love our products; and you will become part of this supportive system.
The role will spend most days on client sites across England and Wales and occasionally in Scotland. When not on site, the role will be based at Rype Office’s premises in West London or High Wycombe.
Competitive and dependent on experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants variety of work, enjoys creating beautiful offices, has a passion for creating a better world, is a good team player, can work independently, enjoys problem solving, and, most of all, takes pride in their work.
Our projects range in size from one-day furniture installations to multi-month fitout projects.
As the business grows there will be opportunity for the candidate to grow and expand their skill set, creating further career opportunities.
We are looking for an energetic, hands-on person with good attention to detail.
You will be responsible for the delivery, collection and installation of furniture, ensuring each delivery is completed in a timely, safe and considerate way.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising and reporting to our Project Managers
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and our installation teams
- Receiving goods on site and doing quality checks on what is delivered.
- Constantly reinforcing a Health & Safety culture, striving for an accident-free site.
The Senior Fitter will lead installation projects, working with fitters, porters, drivers and, for larger projects, a Project Manager.
On larger projects you will be working with our team of fitters and with our external fitting partners when needed, ensuring that projects are built safely, economically and within the agreed timescales, whilst delivering quality.
• Working as part of the Rype installation team, while day-to-day problem solving and dealing with any issues that arise.
- At least 4 years of previous experience installing office furniture.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Able to work varied hours, which may include occasional out-of-hours, overnight and
- This is a physical role so you must be capable of lifting objects repeatedly during the loading
and unloading process and work on your feet for extended periods.
- Good customer service skills, and a polite and professional disposition.
- Demonstrable experience using hand and power tools.
- Full clean UK Driving License showing permit to drive a manual vehicle, up-to-date medical information.
- Over 25 years of age with no traffic incidents in the last 3 years and no traffic accidents in the last 5 years (essential for vehicle insurance purposes).
- 2 or more continuous years of experience driving a loaded manual van.
- Knowledge of how to safely pack a van and secure a load.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour).
- Competent using navigation apps to find the most optimal route.
- Able to manage time and routes for a streamlined delivery experience. Desirable Criteria/Experience
The successful candidate will be:
• Effective communication (both oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to present ideas.
- Previous experience with Cat A or Cat B fitout projects.
- Relevant trade training (e.g. carpentry, furniture manufacturing, kitchen fitting)
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word).
- Previous experience in leading teams.
Send your application, comprising a cover note explaining why you are suitable for this role and your CV, to Georgette at firstname.lastname@example.org.