What we do
Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it
Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re looking for a Fleet Finance Manager (or Senior Manager) to take responsibility for the finance and accounting activities related to Octopus Electric Vehicle fleet of vehicles on lease to consumer and business clients.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to help design and build a finance function for a rapidly growing new business, but with the support of an established finance team (at Octopus Energy, our parent company). The role is hands-on, but also gives an opportunity to get involved with strategic matters, such as fundraising and investor relations.
Non-fleet finance activities (for example, overheads, payroll, R&D) will continue be the responsibility of our Group Finance team. Book keeping, invoice production and AR support will also be provided by the Group.
What you’ll do
- Ensure transactions related to vehicle purchases, finance agreements with asset finance banks and customer rentals are accounted for correctly in line with relevant accounting standards
- Build and maintain our budgets for vehicle servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Support with the creation of reporting packs for our asset finance funders and Board meetings, including management accounts and key operational metrics
- Oversee the production of sales invoices and direct debit batches for our vehicle B2B leasing clients, providing support and oversight to our AR team
- Maintain our finance systems, such that they produce the correct transaction outputs for monthly accounts for each product and lease type we offer
- Review the payments we make to asset finance banks each month to ensure they are accurate and reflect the vehicles we have funded
- Keep track of debtors and ensure any debts are being chased effectively by our AR team
What you’ll need
- An accounting background. Likely to be a chartered accountant, but we would consider part qualified accountants with relevant industry experience.
- To have worked in car rental or leasing finance team.
- To have worked with integrated fleet management and accounting systems.
- Ideally have worked in a small to mid-sized, more entrepreneurial leasing business.
- To be keen to get stuck in and build new processes in areas like direct debit management, client invoicing, month end processing, maintenance budgeting etc from scratch.
What you’ll get
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our founder, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation – we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
- Salary sacrifice scheme – the ability to lease an electric vehicle through your salary within the business
This is the chance to join one of the UK’s most exciting start-ups – making it easy for individuals and businesses to get electric cars, electric fleet and other electric vehicles. If this sounds exciting and you have a genuine passion for what we’re doing then we’d love to hear from you.
More about us
Electric cars are coming faster than most people can imagine.
According to Stanford University, by 2025 there’ll be no new petrol or diesel cars in production. Just like the iPhone revolutionised phones, Tesla is revolutionising cars and it’s not just Tesla with so many manufacturers having great EVs.
Octopus Electric Vehicles was launched in 2018 to make it easy for individuals and businesses to make the transition to zero-carbon driving. Our mission is to drive sustainable change and provide our customers with fair pricing and a fantastic experience.
Every day, we bring together great offers on electric vehicles and everything needed to go with them: chargepoint installations for home and businesses, energy tariffs designed for EV drivers, and a free VIP support service from vehicle selection to each electric journey. We’ve already helped hundreds of drivers make the transition and we are looking forward to helping thousands more.
We also run events with businesses and communities to enable drivers and decision makers to get behind the wheel for themselves, and think through how electric driving could work for them.
Our group includes Octopus Energy, Kraken Technology and Octopus Energy Services and together, we recently secured over £300 million of investment from Origin, Australia’s largest Energy Company to help continue our mission.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.