To apply for this job please visit www.chargepoint.com.
With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Place Direct Manager’s Title
What You Will Be Doing
The Software Engineer (Full-stack) will work closely with Product Management, Design and QA team and be responsible for the maintenance and development of ChargePoint web stack.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Write code for high-quality web-based applications, create robust applications, and develop functional prototypes quickly.
- Work with the Product team to design and spec new functionality.
- Work with QA to understand and deliver the work in given timeline.
- Participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, unit testing, and release.
- Introduce new and cutting edge technologies to help ChargePoint cloud make scalable and highly available
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of industry experience
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Comfortable with full-stack projects and able to build a minimum working product quickly
- Familiarity with server architectures, web services (REST, SOAP) and distributed systems, micro services etc.
- Experience with any server side programming language like JAVA, go-Lang, python etc.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Understanding of web concepts such as session, cache, cookies, connection pooling, and so on
- Working knowledge of database.
- Familiarity with NOSQL, ELK stack a plus
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.