The company and product
We’re working to solve emotional pain in the workplace. We’ve developed a Slack app which allows our clients’ employees to access therapy in a few clicks. It is easy to access and designed to be used by everyone – user centred design is very important to us. We’re trusted by the likes of Typeform, Depop, and Bulb as well as many other progressive employers you can see listed on our site, and we’re funded by Passion Capital, Ada Ventures and Seedcamp.
The job and the work
At Spill we believe that engineers build better products when deeply intertwined with product. You should care deeply about our users problems and want to be involved in the process of solving them. As an engineer at Spill you will be talking to our users on calls most weeks along with our product team. You’ll work with product to create the spec, before owning the feature development from start to finish.
You will work closely with the other engineers on solving difficult problems such as how to scale services as our user base grows, improve performance and reliability or build new exciting prototypes. You will be expected to maintain high quality standards by mentoring others on the team through pairing and code reviews.
Our Tech Stack
- NodeJS, TypeScript
The ideal candidate
- should have a strong background as a Software Engineer
- should be comfortable in both backend and frontend
- should be comfortable working in a team that deals with ambiguity
- should have experience building software at scale
- should be great at collaborating with users through asking questions and communicating clearly
- should care about putting users first
The pay and the benefits
The salary for this full-time role is
0.3-0.5% stock options.
- minimum 25 days holiday
- day off for your birthday
- Spill bank holidays
- access to Spill therapists
- mental health days
- work-aways (currently not doing due to COVID)
For more on how we work at Spill and what to expect, take a look at our careers page.
The application process
- 30 min video call with Head of Engineering to find out more about each other
- a coding task
- coding task review call
- a few video calls to meet more of the Spill team
At Spill, we are committed to building a company that includes people from a variety of different backgrounds. We’re particularly interested in hearing from people from typically underrepresented groups in the tech industry.