At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
This is a full-time position, reporting to the VP of External Manufacturing & Procurement, that will oversee United States and European Expansion plans at Beyond Meat. Our plans include equipment installation and external manufacturing line commissioning in an effort to convert our proprietary ingredients into finished commercial products for the Market. Our External Manufacturing Manager will own and deliver the strategic plan to expand, complete the sourcing work, deliver the design and startups required and on occasion provide important customer interface representing the Operations team. The role will require significant travel in Europe and across the US.
- Manage day-to-day operations at 5-10 external manufacturers
- Build and maintain relationships with all internal customers, external customers, and frontline to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Manage Continuous Improvement Plan at all sites and drive 5% savings each year
- Ensure Food Safety protocols are in place supporting the Quality team
- Maintain solid customer relationships with major customers as needed
- Work in tandem with Manufacturing Support and Quality Assurance Teams deliver initiative start up schedules and deliver quality, continuous improvement and service KPI’s
- B.S. in Engineering with 10-15 years experience in Manufacturing or Food Manufacturing operation in a leadership role
- Master Planning, Project Leadership, Category Management, Food Safety, Continuous Improvement
- Quality Management and Cost Savings
- Thrives in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Excellent writing skills and Presentation Skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage and organize multiple projects
- Willing to travel up to 50% to manufacturing sites across the U.S. and Europe
- Excellent poise and professionalism when dealing with customers
- Team player and flexible
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Exceptional negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequent sitting at a desk, communication-using computer and phone. Lifting not to exceed 25 lbs.
- Extensive travel
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.