To apply for this job please visit theclimategroup.peoplehr.net.
We are looking for an experienced, strategic and visionary Senior Marketing Manager to join our team and help build our marketing function. Utilising the latest digital tools and strategies you will help us expand our international presence, and engage with our global audience comprising businesses and governments. You will be a consummate professional, adept at understanding complex stakeholder structures and able to advise at all levels, helping us to drive more businesses to embrace addressing climate change.
The ideal candidate would be someone who understands the value of a strong brand and how all elements of external communication interlink to maximise reputational growth and stakeholder engagement.
As the first touchpoint for many of our audiences, our digital channels are critical in conveying who we are, what we do and our impact in the world. As we aim to secure even more engagement in our campaigns and initiatives, the senior marketing manager will be responsible for delivering a dynamic and ‘best in class’ experience across all of our online platforms and unlocking our potential in this area.
About the Climate Group
The Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, New Delhi and New York. We are proud to be part of the We Mean Business coalition.
About the role
This role sits in the international communications team and reports to the Head of Corporate Communications. Your core responsibilities will include:
- Develop solutions to support our international brand growth and oversee the visual identity for our programmes and events, ensuring that all assets adhere to guidelines
- Ensure brands are well represented in terms of look, feel and tone of voice across all channels. Develop brand as needed and appropriate.
- Liaise with legal to ensure appropriate brand licensing processes are in place. Regularly assess international trademarks and support legal in any reporting requirements
- Day to day management of creative agencies
- Develop a digital roadmap, working across teams to balance the needs of internal stakeholders in line with our overall communications strategy
- Ensure a fully integrated approach to campaign and content development, able to interpret and prioritise content in line with overarching communications strategy
- As an expert in and passionate about social media, create comprehensive, stand out engagement strategies for a range of audiences and influencers, helping to build a buzz around our initiatives and events.
- Deliver a range of high profile, global web projects to help drive promotion of and engagement with our various campaigns and initiatives – from proposition planning through to testing and completion
- Optimise content across our digital channels, working with our international communications colleagues to significantly boost followers and engagement. (Note that the content planner and social media posting/scheduling is shared across the team)
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance and security of our channels is up to date
- Be familiar with key digital marketing platforms such as Salesforce and Pardot, and able to advise on their potential
- Identify digital providers/external agencies that can support our needs and manage relationships
- Establish and ensure clear processes for channel governance, workflows and approvals
- Day-to-day oversight of all our social media platforms
- Regularly undertake social listening and report on our engagement analytics, proactively recommending areas for improvement and growth
- Stay abreast of the latest trends to inform our digital strategy
- Maintain excellent editorial standards on all our digital channels
- Develop a marketing function that helps demonstrate the value of the organisation and supports our international growth
- Strengthen our proposition as a world leading organisation that businesses and governments want to work with
- Support the membership team in developing engagement campaigns to strengthen relationships and communication channels
- Help drive audience engagement for existing and new initiatives
- Managing the strategic development of our newsletters to help uplift engagement
- Support the marketing strategy for Climate Week NYC, working with the events team.
- Includes the creation and development of engaging content that will secure registration – and ongoing engagement – with new and existing audiences
- Utilise direct mail primarily, but also targeted social media and related channels too.
- Manage one direct report
- Play a key role in the global communications team. Willing to take a flexible approach and help drive forward critical projects for the team wherever required.
- Be open to considering commercial opportunities for the organisation.
- Excellent communication and team building skills; able to work with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Substantial experience in building and maintaining digital ecosystems
- Outcome driven with high ambitions for your organisation and your own work
- Strong analytical skills to examine an organisation’s digital performance and make evidence-based recommendations
- Proven success in driving impactful projects or campaigns – from early stages through to completion
- Good budget management skills, with experience of working in a matrix environment
- Adept at content planning and development, with a strong eye for design to develop stand out assets, that can help significantly increase profile and awareness.
- Experience working with stakeholder databases and digital marketing systems, e.g. Salesforce and Pardot
- Strong organisational skills, with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Strong desire to build knowledge in the areas we work on – to support interactions with external and internal stakeholders
- Team player with the ability to identify where support is needed and comfortable delivering an administrative workload alongside more strategic activity
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the climate space or associated sectors
- Agency background
- Experience working with platforms in China
You will be employed at our London headquarters. Since COVID-19, our London office has been working mostly from home, but you will also have the use of an office near Borough for key meetings with colleagues. Post COVID, occasional international travel will be required.
Terms & Conditions
This is a fixed term 12 month position, with the possibility of being made permanent. The salary for this position is £41,000 per annum or more based on experience.
In addition to the salary, the role holder will benefit from:
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus public holidays; additional leave following three and six years’ service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme following three months’ service
- Private healthcare and Cash Plan on completion of probation
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan
- Volunteering day on completion of probation
How to apply
Use the ‘Apply’ button to apply for this vacancy. Should you require further information or an informal discussion, please contact Stephanie Mackrell, Head of Corporate Communications, SMackrell@theclimategroup.org.
Applications for the position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter. Please ensure that you address the points in the job description and person specification.
The expected closing date for submitting your application is 28th February 2021.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the UK, are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by the Climate Group