To apply for this job please visit peoplesenerg.bamboohr.com.
Who is People’s Energy?
People’s Energy is a fast-growing ethical gas and electricity supply company, based in Shawfair near Edinburgh but supplying to customers UK wide. We launched on 1 August 2017 and are growing rapidly – we are at 350,000 customers now. We have an ambitious goal: We want to put 1 million people in charge of their own energy and become known as the energy company that can be trusted to do the right thing at all times, for people, communities and the planet.
People’s Energy differs significantly from existing energy suppliers. We want to bring trust back into the energy market and offer a simple, fair and affordable solution for all customers, including these currently in fuel poverty. We were crowdfunded, have no external shareholders, and we give 75% of the profits back to customers. The electricity we sell is renewable. We promise full transparency, and we involve customers through representatives on our Advisory Board. Staff members also have a representative on the Advisory Board, and we are keenly focused on staff well being and development. We are a Living Wage employer.
Overall purpose of the role
The Senior Partnerships Manager has an extended accountability for all key partner relationships providing breadth of control and management across £xm partner relationships and supporting excellent outcomes for our 350+ members.
This role will curate and deliver a framework to minimise risk and maximise the value & service levels maintaining excellent working relationships with our valued partners and suppliers and will own the roadmap and development of all new partner relationships.
This role may require travel to various locations across the UK
· End to end ownership for all key partner relationships including budget management and member centric decision making
· Effectively manage a portfolio of multiple agreement types, with a broad range of stakeholders and associated value
· Conduct ongoing assessments against risk exposure, HSE and quality in monitoring supplier performance against statement of works & consistent with contract terms
· Develop our future partnership management model including enduring team ownership and a strategic partnerships roadmap
· Ensure suppliers provide a safe, member centric and high quality outcomes
· Implement the necessary steps to develop a cross business stakeholder relationship map to determine the path of contact and escalation for each identified relationship
· Build and maintain great relationships with suppliers
· Drive continuous improvement in commercial parameters and contractual terms and conditions
· Carry out enduring reviews of supplier performance against contract terms
· Conduct reviews of identified future partners
· Management of supplier related change & issues, ensuring priorities are clearly defined and communicated
· Production of ensuring reporting, linked to business wide OKRs
· Demonstrable experience of contract or large scale multiple account management, preferably within the Energy Supply industry
· Confidently able to curate internal & external relationships
· Significant leadership experience
· Experience in managing supplier change
· Ability to prioritise and deliver objectives to deadlines
· Thrives in a fast paced, changing environment
· Knowledge & experience of the Energy Industry
· Good working knowledge of Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to work with people across all levels of our organisation
· Ability to build trust, both with our partners and our internal teams
· Acts with integrity and displays a real sense of purpose
· Encourages innovative thinking
· Demonstrates emotional intelligence
· Keen eye for detail, and sound judgement
· Great problem solving skills
· Takes initiative and a quick learner
Desirable Skills (support will be given to learn)
· Continuous Improvement experience (i.e. TQM, Six Sigma, Lean etc.)
At People’s Energy we are committed to ensuring that everyone, no matter race, background, sexuality, gender or any other protected characteristic is supported and afforded equal opportunities in the business. As it says on our website – we are by the people, for the people. We are committed to maintaining a fair and measured recruitment process and our development opportunities are open to all.