Marketing | Up to £30k p.a. | Remote (but with a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Senior Performance Marketing Executive to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Senior Growth Marketing Manager and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Create, analyse and continually optimise our performance marketing activity – this will focus on paid and organic search.
- Use customer insights and other data to develop and implement A/B tests, sharing results with wider business.
- As we grow, you’ll support the testing and development of new channels (e.g. paid social).
- Ensure projects and campaigns are completed on time.
- Support the marketing team with wider projects, campaigns and product launches to help us hit our weekly, monthly and yearly KPIs.
What you’ll need
- 2+ years of experience in performance marketing (e.g. SEO, paid search, paid social etc.) or similar.
- Experience working with different ad platforms and tools such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs or Screaming Frog, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse data and make recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, balance priorities and take initiative – you’ll have a high degree of autonomy.
- Be commercially-minded with knowledge of the marketing and sales funnel.
- Be keen to learn and develop.
- You have worked in an Agile environment and used planning tools (Jira, Trello, etc.)
- You speak Norwegian
- You have a dog (which you’d be welcome to bring into the office, as and when you choose to go in)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about climate change, sustainability and/or the EV industry
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
The socially distant elephant in the room
So, you may have noticed that the world is a little different right now. As such, there might be a few parts of this spec that appear a bit wishy-washy. We’re sorry about that and we’ll try to give as much clarity as possible as and when we have answers.
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so for now the majority of our team is working from home and we’re not sure when it will be safe for everyone to return to the office. We are, however, continuing to look for candidates who are able to commute to the Old Street area of London when the world becomes a bit more safe. In the meantime, we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely.
We also realise it may seem daunting starting a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we’ve put in place some extra initiatives whilst we’re in lockdown (for both “work” and “play”) to keep our culture humming.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!