To apply for this job please visit www.chargepoint.com.
With electric vehicles (EV’s) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Place Direct Manager’s Title
What You Will Be Doing
ChargePoint is looking for a creative and versatile power electronics controls engineer to help ensure that our products meet high design, development, and production quality. The role will play a key cross-functional role to drive many aspects including developing and production of high quality power systems.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Design, develop, implement, debug, and maintain control algorithms for power conversion
- Develop models for power conversion stages and control, and implement models in FPGA or embedded software
- Develop and implement test plans for digital control systems
- Support, debug and modify existing digital control systems
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to resolve early (architectural) and late (lab, test & validation) issues
- Ensure high reliability of the product under stress conditions and environments for extended periods
- Develop standard and custom communication protocols for new systems
- Work closely with hardware engineers to test and validate operation on the bench
- B.S. required (M.S. desired) in Engineering (electrical, computer or electronics)
- 1-3 years control experience in switched power converters. Good understanding of ac/dc and dc/dc operation and digital control loops
- Hands on experience with DSP and FPGA design and development
- Proficient in C/C++, VHDL/Verilog languages
- Experience with Matlab, PLECS and Modelsim modeling tools
- Highly focused on creating the best design to achieve the highest quality products
- Experience working with high voltage, high power ac/dc and dc/dc power systems desired
- Knowledge of Orcad Capture and Allegro a plus
- Experience with electric vehicle charging a plus
- Some travel is expected
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.