Location: London / Bristol / flexible
The OVO Group’s mission is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach zero, we need everyone to come together. Not as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal.
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
The Senior PR and Social Manager will be an all-round PR and Social rockstar, with a nose for news and building brand fame and equally as Social savvy. This is a new role within the Consumer PR and Social team in Brand Marketing. You will work with the Head of PR and Social (and two team members) to develop our consumer PR and social media strategy and plan, which will have the Ovo mission at its heart. This is an incredible opportunity for a creative, strategic individual who loves getting stuff done. You will be super savvy when it comes to generating consumer and lifestyle coverage, and just as savvy on Social, whether it’s Instagram or Tik Tok. Your PR super powers are put to good use, not just generating press coverage, but ideating for social and recommending the best approach to execute (and measure). Buzz building is your game and you live to see your creative ideas trending IRL. You follow the trending conversations, and take inspo from a broad range of brands innovating in the PR and social space. You enjoy coming up with news jumping ideas and you know how to get scrappy, big bang for buck ideas off the ground.
You will bring energy and positivity to the team and you will be inspired by the zero carbon living journey that OVO is on with its members. You will also need the confidence and competence to hold your own in a business full of high-performers.
What will I be doing?
Role and responsibilities
- Close collaboration with the wider Brand Marketing and Comms teams to help define and lead OVO’s overall PR and social media strategy to maximise engagement and brand awareness
- Line management and mentorship of our existing Social Media Manager.
- Evolve our social content strategies across our existing social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest) in a way that will drive our brand and growth objectives. Investigate and trial new channels where appropriate
- Consistently identify moments in time or trending conversations we can jump on that deepen our engagement with the consumer, create talkability and build our Social presence.
- Know how to insert the brand into the consumer conversation or press in an authentic way, “earning” eyeballs and talkability – not advertising.
- Create new social assets, such as videos and memes
- Manage and measure PR and social performance to ensure we are delivering great results with the resource.
- Build an innovative influencer strategy
- Be an expert in paid boosting and owned channel optimisation
- Manage our social listening tool with the social media agency and report key insights back to the business, aligning with wider brand tracking.
Is this the job for me?
- A wealth of experience in a high-profile consumer PR and social media role
- Relevant experience at a fast-paced consumer brand or agency
- A proven ability to deliver standout, disruptive PR and Social campaigns that make the brand famous
- Creative, innovative thinker who has intellectual rigour
- Experience managing agencies and budgets
- Good editorial skills for writing both press releases and social copy
- Ability to create quick-turn assets for news jumping on Social a huge plus (Adobe Creative Cloud or Photoshop etc).
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment of change
- Fun, team player with a GSOH!
- Happy to roll sleeves up and grow with this small but mighty team!
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.