We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join the Engineering team. The Senior Process Engineer will be required to have a strong background in one or more of the following areas:
1. Plant Operations, be able to write and lead a team of engineers to deliver Operating and Maintenance Manuals, review work instructions and risk assessments.
2. Plant Commissioning, be able to contribute to detail design and HAZOP studies, be able to write and lead team of engineers to deliver Detailed Commissioning Plan, and be able to support the field team during commissioning and initial operation of plant.
3. Process Control, be able to write and develop Process Control and Safety System Narratives, As the Senior Process Engineer you will join the team responsible for the design of RT’s plastics recycling plants of various scales including but not limited to RT’s flagship machine, the RT7000.
A broad range of experience of all stages of a project, from conceptual studies to FEEDs and EPCs is desirable. You are expected to use good engineering judgement and experience in producing, checking, and reviewing complex deliverables and calculations.
You would be expected to deliver high quality work and be able to effectively support the broader team within a collaborative and open team culture.
- Own and deliver process engineering deliverables as part of the design development.
- Approve or review designs, drawings, lists and calculations.
- Ensure adherence to international design standards and regulations.
- Participate in interdisciplinary reviews and process safety studies.
- Play an important role in developing knowledge and expertise within the team.
- Process configuration and optimisation studies
- Review of process modelling and simulation
- Heat integration and pinch analysis studies
- Preparation and review of PFDs and heat and mass balances
- Checking sizing and specification of major process equipment and package units
- Hydraulic calculations (incl. pumps, compressors)
- Safety, environmental and operability reviews (HAZOP, HAZID, SIL)
- Relief system design, including PSV sizing, discharge design.
- P&ID development, including specification of design conditions, hydraulic analysis, line sizing and pipe specifications, equipment isolation, vent and drain systems, cause and effects
- Review of equipment design and documentation from vendors
Necessary – Essential
- BEng/MEng in Chemical Engineering,
- Chartered member of IChemE or working towards.
- Sound knowledge and experience in process engineering.
- In depth technology knowledge of complex refinery design or petrochemical plant design
- Industry Codes and Standards – Including knowledge of API 520, 521 etc.
- Identify issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and help clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work
- Familiar with engineering work processes, good inter-discipline coordination
- High self-motivation, ability to work with minimum direction. Seeks out support from colleagues as needed
- Ability to present design issues clearly to internal and external customers
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and ensure clarity and quality of documentation
- Experience of static simulation work, particularly with Aspen HYSYS.
- Dynamic simulation experience
- Project management and team leading experience
- Commissioning and / or operations experience
- Pyrolysis, fluidised bed combustor and/or distillation column design experience
- Solids handling system design experience (mechanical and pneumatic conveyors).