Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Job Description: Senior Procurement Manager (Indirects)
Reports to: Head of Procurement
Responsible For: Junior Buyer
Dimensions of role:
All “indirect” categories. Annual expenditure approximately £50 million.
Key categories include: energy, logistics, other utilities, industrial gases, IT & telecoms, waste management, professional, marketing and HR services.
Where appropriate, co-ordination of Quorn Foods national, or Monde Nissin global, sourcing and management of “indirect” categories.
Your Key Contributions and Tasks/Accountabilities
Strategy Development & Delivery:
To create and implement a procurement strategy for all key indirect categories. This strategy must:
- Be appropriate for each specific product category
- Deliver lowest total cost of ownership to the Business through tendering, rigorous negotiation, cost reduction and process improvement activities.
- Demonstrate on-going evaluation of alternative strategies and supply sources
- Identify relevant courses of action to manage the risks within each category.
Cost reduction and value engineering:
- With appropriate key suppliers, develop and manage in-depth relationships to identify and maximise opportunities for cost reduction, value engineering, process, quality and service improvements.
- Monitor and action results through performance targets & regular supplier and stakeholder reviews/workshops to optimise performance.
- Set KPIs to meet contractual and service requirements and brand protection, where appropriate
- Manage cost within budget and understand price change requirements
- Manage terminations as appropriate
- Be responsible for the performance of direct report(s)
- Provide on-going management, guidance, advice and support to team member to maximise performance and enable career development
- Lead and direct team meetings
- Work closely with other all relevant internal stakeholders including, senior management and specialist functional managers
- Work collaboratively within cross-functional teams ensuring procurement input supports the overall needs of the Business.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately to ensure that all relevant personnel are always kept informed and up-to-date.
Market and category insight:
- To provide expert advice in the key areas covered within the portfolio.
- Provide market intelligence and insight to all relevant areas of the Business in a regular and timely manner.
- Utilise this category expertise to fully support, inform and influence buying and contracting strategies.
- Work closely with Supply Chain Finance, Goods Receiving and Payment section to ensure all downstream procure to pay activities are undertaken effectively and efficiently
Risk Management/T’s & C’s:
- In conjunction with legal advisors, as appropriate agree suitable contracts, commercial agreement and T’s & Cs.
- Ensure this documentation is maintained, kept up to date and available for inspection.
- Identify and agreeing personal development needs
- Take actions to address your personal development needs – being pro-active
- Keep up to date with product/service developments
- Develop technical skills
- More than five years’ experience in a senior Procurement role
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Best practise Procurement experience managing a range of indirect categories. This to include: supplier sourcing, cost analysis, negotiation, contract drafting, risk mitigation and supplier relationship management
- Full clean, driving licence
- Understanding of UK and Global supply chains
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.