We are looking for someone who lives and breathes product design to help us shape the next generation of our product and help save the planet.
Who are Ecologi?
Hello, we are Ecologi a subscription service to help restore the planet. We’re two years into our journey and about to plant our 10 millionth tree. But, we’re not stopping there, we want to plant billions of trees a month and turn the tide on the climate crisis through collective action.
Our product makes taking part in climate action easy by responsibility planting trees and supporting the best in climate action (like protecting our forests, supporting humanitarian projects like improving access to clean water and fuel efficient cooking stoves), we also promote living a lower carbon lifestyle. We believe a little action from a lot of people will change the world.
We are a fast paced, small but growing team who are fixated on creating a beautiful, impactful product. We are a design led organisation, it sits at the heart of everything we do at Ecologi. We have clear goals across our teams all leading to our mission, to avoid 50% of global CO2 emissions by 2040. It’s big but that’s our next mini mission, to find the right people to help us achieve this.
Here’s what you can expect in your role:
- Working on the product to iterate and bring user stories and product requirements to life through wireframes and prototypes
- Creating high-fidelity designs ready for hand off
- Collaborate with other creative team members as we ideate, improve, and build up our design system and brand
- Working remotely, or at the office in Bristol. We’ll always be remote first, but hope to get together frequently.
- Peer 2 Peer support of Founder / Chief Design Officer
- Someone who is great at shaping a design / digital product vision
- An experienced sounding board
- Great verbal, visual and written communication and can work independently
- Develop close working relationships cross team
Expert strategic UI and UX design and delivery
- Creating simple, effortless, usable experiences
- Removing complexity
- Delightful experience – making our users feel great about using our service
- Helping create and maintain Ecologi’s design system
- At ease working with the development team
- Taking existing brand elements, and developing them
- Keeping user experience feeling modern, accessible and on brand
- Comfortable taking a project from start to finish
Skills and knowledge required for this role
- Creative thinking and problem solving, you’re happy to bounce silly ideas
- You’re at home creating beautiful user experiences and pixel perfect UI
- Experience as lead/senior on a current, complex product
- Experienced in Figma and you’re at ease with the Adobe suite
- Important to have a ‘how can I help’ attitude when called upon, even if the work may be below your station: pitch deck assets, social assets, email, ads
- Standard job requirement stuff: Ability to take direction, improve upon feedback, work with cross-department teams and manage multiple timelines and deliverables
- Great communicator and excellent decision making
- Ability to plan priorities and resources jointly with the CDO
- Proactive in ensuring design and brand cohesion across deliverables
A minimum of 8 years in digital design roles
A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar digital product environment
Location – UK
The role is remote, but we’d like to see you in Bristol at least once a month, so we’re looking for a UK based individual.
£45 – £55k depending on experience
At Ecologi we believe everyone should have access to the best solutions to save our planet. To do that, we must build a team that represents the world we live in and that resonates with our core value of hope. Our products are built by people for people.
We are looking for shining stars and diamonds in the rough, but importantly we treat all job applicants and employees fairly and equally, regardless of gender, pregnancy or maternity, trans-gender status, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, civil partnership status, age, race, colour, nationality, social origins, national or ethnic origins or disability, or any other grounds.
Today, almost two years after launch, our members are now funding a million trees every two to three weeks. We’re off to a great start but we want to be planting billions of trees a month. Are you the right person to help us achieve that?
Applying for this role
Please send a covering letter and your portfolio link to email@example.com
(note: we’ll only be reviewing candidates with portfolios)