London / Remote
Full-time position. London-based, currently remote. Flexible working (2-3 days per week at the office)
Clim8’s mission is to have a positive impact on climate change. We want to empower millions of people to invest sustainably in themes that include clean energy, clean technology, sustainable food, smart mobility and recycling. Clim8 is well funded having already successfully raised over £5 million via funding campaigns.
About the role
We’re looking for a passionate and skilled Senior Product Designer to join us at Clim8. As part of our product team working on our Clim8 Invest mobile app, your role will be to:
- Help identify what problems we need to solve through user research (alongside a product manager).
- Design solutions that meet our customers’ needs.
- Work with the developers to bring those designs to life.
We’re currently working in cross-functional squads – comprising a product manager, a product designer and developers. So our ideal candidate is someone who has previously designed mobile products end-to-end from performing solid user research to producing high-fidelity designs in keeping with our design system and brand guidelines when needed.
This role will focus on the following activities:
- Work with the product manager to identify what customer problems to solve next.
- Validate hypotheses on problems and potential solutions via customer interviews, user tests, data analysis etc.
- Develop creative ideas and solutions that identify and address our users’ needs and deliver a great experience on our mobile app.
- Create wireframes, prototypes and designs for new product ideas or features.
- Proactively bring ideas to the table on new ways to engage our users and improve the way we work.
- Liaise with the Product and Engineering teams to ensure a quality end product that matches design specifications.
- Lead projects across the design team to continually improve the design quality across different channels.
- Share your knowledge and skills across the design team. If needed, coach other designers.
- At least 5 years of experience as a product designer – preferably in a startup, design studio or creative agency with a strong focus on product design
- Experience working in a cross-functional squad
- Experience working in a team with other designers
- Excellent knowledge of Figma / Sketch
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a foundation of design principles, as well as creativity and versatility across digital channels
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to tailor your message to relevant audiences – both technical and non-technical
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (preferred).
Please get in touch if:
- You’re a high-agency, high accountability person who gets things done
- You’re a creative thinker and problem solver with exceptional attention to detail
- You’re passionate about sustainability and solving the climate crisis
- You’re interested in coaching other designers
- You challenge assumptions, use insight to make informed choices, and take calculated risks to seize on opportunities.
- Flexible working;
- 25 days’ holiday;
- Birthdays off;
- A diverse and inclusive culture;
- Building a better future!
Please send us your portfolio and cover letter at hello@clim8invest[dot]com
With investing, your capital is at risk