Started in 2015, Bulb is here to help people to save on their bills and lower carbon emissions. We do that by giving people access to affordable, renewable energy while helping them to make smarter, greener decisions at home. So far, we’re making good progress. Over 1.7 million people in the UK are now on Bulb, and we recently launched in France, Spain, and the US (Texas). Bulb was named the UK’s fastest-growing company in 2018 and 2019. Together, we’re building a new kind of energy company. As a certified B Corporation, we believe in business as a force for good. We use technology to create simple, intuitive tools that help our members to save on their bills and cut carbon. We complement this with great service to make energy simpler, cheaper, and greener.
Our Smart Rollout Team is responsible for member engagement across our smart metering programme. You’ll generate new bookings by telling our members all the great benefits of having a smart meter installed, increase bookings by developing our AI campaign machine, and targeting members with the right comms at the right time. You’ll also be responsible for introducing new and enhancing existing member-facing booking channels. This is a broad role at the heart of a key strategic priority for Bulb and includes oversight of third-party partners and regular engagement with regulatory bodies.
What you’ll be doing:
* Owning the product vision, strategy, KPIs, and roadmaps to help and delight Bulb’s members
* Defining product level goals and objectives, in line with company priorities
* Using a range of inputs from data, customer feedback, and your own judgment to build a prioritised product backlog
* Working with a team of highly skilled software engineers, data scientists, researchers, and designers to ensure timely delivery of the product
* Taking responsibility for the delivery and performance of your product, using data and feedback to continuously iterate and improve
* Working with stakeholders across Bulb to coordinate complex dependencies, unblock unanticipated issues to successfully deliver
* Collaborating with other Product Managers to build out the Product function, to share best practices, and to create a culture of Product Management throughout Bulb
We need people with the experience to get going quickly, but who are interested in learning new things and are comfortable working in a fast-changing environment.
We’re looking for:
* 5+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in a start-up or fast-paced environment
* Excellent problem-solving skills. Naturally curious and enjoy identifying and delivering solutions to complex problems, by using technology
*Experience working with smart meters would be beneficial but not essential
* Empathy, and a passion for building the best user experience.
*Experience in a consumer-focused digital business is a plus
* Excellent communication skills, you “keep it simple” and make complicated details and problems understandable to a non-technical audience
* A good business sense, experience working in Strategy is a plus
* A passion for using data and insights in decision making
* Experience in leading a cross-functional team
* Experience with wireframing, writing user stories, and agile software development practices
* Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity
Check out our hiring process – it includes interview tips! Join bulb
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options, and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity, or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.