Reports to: IIGCC Programme Director – Investor Practices
Place of work: Central London (occasional travel to be expected)
Time: 5 Days/week – full time
Contract Length: 1 year contract with possible extension
Starting date: asap
Salary: Competitive plus benefits __________________________________________________________________________________
The Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change (IIGCC) is a forum for collaboration on climate change for European investors. There are currently over 330 members, including some of the largest pension funds and asset managers across 22 countries, representing around €39 trillion in assets under management. IIGCC brings investors together to use their significant collective influence with policymakers, investors and companies to encourage policies and practices which accelerate the shift to a net zero emissions economy.
We are looking for a motivated team player to lead on key areas of work within Paris Aligned Investment Initiative (PAII) and support development and implementation of the Net Zero Investment Framework. Reporting to the Investor Practices Programme Director but working very closely with the rest of the team given the cross-cutting nature of this role, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating a number of working groups. You will have regular contact with investors as well as with our wider stakeholders including policymakers, civil society and businesses.
- Manage PAII working groups on one or more asset classes dependent on experience (infrastructure, real estate, private equity) to support investors to assess alignment of assets and manage portfolios to align to achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
- Undertake relevant research and analysis relating to the workstream topics in order to develop guidance, case studies and activities to support members to develop and implement the Net Zero Investment Framework.
- Work closely with investors to understand how they are implementing net zero strategies and key barriers and challenges in order to identify priority areas for further work to support robust implementation.
- Manage third party consultants to undertake relevant research and analysis where this is not being carried out by IIGCC.
- Engage with a range of third-party organisations to develop partnerships and take forward collaborative work to develop methodologies, approaches, and improve data availability to support implementation of net zero investment strategies
- Monitoring and reporting on the outputs and impact of IIGCC’s work to funders
- Liaise with the communications team as a key point of contact around collating content for communications outputs.
- Coordinate IIGCC working groups and webinar logistics, agendas and write-ups working with other IIGCC investor practices programme staff.
- Collaborate with other IIGCC initiatives as required. Skills and capabilities:
- Experience of working on issues relating to climate change, investment and ESG ideally in a private sector context.
- Experience of investment and climate related issues in relation to one or more of the following asset classes an advantage: infrastructure; real estate; private equity.
- Familiarity with technical issues including scenario analysis, emissions accounting, and ESG data collection and analysis.
- Strong project management, coordination and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise
- Experience of effectively leading workstreams
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal, verbal and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated, flexible and disciplined
- Enthusiastic and positive approach
- Fluent in routine IT tool including Word and PowerPoint
- Fluency in English language; other European languages an advantage but not essential
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits including:
- 25 days’ annual leave plus public holidays
- Additional discretionary 3 days’ leave between Christmas and New Year
- Generous company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
Interested applicants should submit a Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter detailing their qualifications and experience for the role to email@example.com.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
IIGCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, disability, religion, marital status, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by law.