To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Reporting to: Director of Programmes
Location: Europe – Working remotely until further notice
Starting Date: Immediate
Hours: Full Time, Contract/Temp to Perm
Salary: NGO Competitive
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Our main work streams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
To date, green finance capital flows have been principally directed at activities which can be considered ‘already green’. There has been significantly less investment into transitioning activities and assets that are associated with the highest carbon-emitting industries and businesses. However, to meet Paris Agreement goals and the EU net zero 2050 target, an economy-wide transition in which companies transition away from existing activities towards better alternatives is critical.
The Climate Bonds Initiative is launching a strategic, multi-year Transition Programme, with an initial focus on driving industrial decarbonisation in the EU. The successful candidate for this position will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent project management capabilities, an ability to work in a diplomatic and collaborative manner with multiple stakeholders, and an enthusiasm for turning big ideas into action. You will also have excellent writing skills, initiative, attention to detail, and a proven track record in managing integrated, strategic programmes.
Reporting to the Director of Programmes, the Senior Project/Programme Manager will support the Transition Programme team in ensuring operational set up and governance of the programme, cross-functional co-ordination, program governance & delivery, and quality control. The programme manager will also collaborate closely with the Programme Office in terms of ongoing monitoring, tracking, and reporting as well as adherence to CBI’s project management policies.
- Effective coordination of the programme’s deliverables, and management of their interdependencies through collaborating with the Heads of Teams to support the implementation of the Transition program.
- Support a highly engaged, diverse culture to execute departmental plans/strategies and build great relationships with members and colleagues and promote knowledge-sharing.
- Ensure cross-functional communication to manage deliverables across all teams to deliver programme objectives, outcomes and outputs are achieved in line with milestones set by the funder and overall programme design.
- Collaborate with the Programme office for the timely and effective reporting of visibility across deliverables, resources, and budgets for SMT oversight in accordance with reporting cycles and methodology agreed.
- Identifying and flagging any emerging challenges with delivering on project objectives and ensuring that adequate steps are taken to address any emerging risks.
- Work closely with core operational teams: Finance, HR, and Programmes and Projects to ensure operational success of the project
- Develop and implement a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning plan to drive impactful programme delivery
- Support the Programme team in managing the programmes budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise.
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to funders and Senior Management Team
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive work experience in a related role
- Extensive knowledge of project/ programme management and change solutions.
- Minimum Bachelors or equivalent advanced degree along with project management certification
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to take a collaborative approach.
- Ability to bring a positive and facilitative approach to working with stakeholders and enabling teams around delivery of projects.
- Effective presentation style as well as strong speaking and written communication skills.
- Experience of developing and managing a medium to large portfolio of projects or Programme office.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the Climate Bond Initiative’s mission
- Eligible to work in the EU.
- Knowledge of bond markets
- Previous experience working with funded programmes and project delivery and implementation.
- Knowledge of sustainable and climate finance landscape, especially in the EU
- Other languages, particularly French or other EU languages