To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Job Title: Senior Proposal Development and Grants Manager
Reports To: Head of Programme Design
Salary: NGO Competitive
Start Date: Immediate
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Our main workstreams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
Reporting to the Head of Programme Design, the Senior Proposal Development and Grants Manager serves as a key member of the Programmes team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment. This position is responsible for all fundraising and grant and philanthropic partnership development activities including on-going relationship management with funders. The role will support the Head of Programme Design in content development, fundraising strategy, supporting regional teams in resource mobilisation, and team coordination.
Institutional and High Value Fundraising
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve continuous, sustainable funding that scales to the ambition and opportunities of CBI’s mission and objectives
- Play a leadership role in coordination, writing, and editing of multi-team proposals.
- Lead the drafting of project funding proposals with support from relevant teams and the Project Management Office (PMO) including results frameworks and Activity Based Budgets (ABBs)
- Develop a fundraising strategy, to target new strategic partnerships with leading institutional foundations, strategic family foundations, and other grant-making institutions.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for relationship building with key funders and build strong relationships with partners
- Identify and research new major prospective donors in the six- and seven-figure range
- Engage in direct fundraising and proposal pitches, meetings, and donor cultivation efforts
- Draft strategic briefs and presentations to inform and guide key interactions and dialogues with prospective donors.
Streamline Fundraising Processes and Procedures
- Develop training materials and presentations for staff on fundraising best practices, prospect research, proposal development and donor stewardship.
- Support annual and multi-year project planning efforts to ensure the development of aligned projects, compelling offers, and early engagement on fundraising priorities and opportunities.
- Develop templates and guidance documents for proposal management processes and support continuous improvement as we evolve new internal systems for project management and delivery
- Identify and target funders that are likely to provide core, unrestricted fund
- Develop a suite of communication materials that demonstrate collective impact and value for money and a value proposition for core funding
- Lead the establishment of a “Friends of CBI” group of funding institutions to foster collective impact, cross-learning, and collaboration
- Support the development a CBI results framework with appropriate MEL rubrics that build on CBI’s Theory of Change and analyse the contribution of all projects and programmes to CBI’s outcomes
- Coordinate with Senior Management Team and core teams including finance, operations, programmes, and communications, etc. to identify resourcing needs
Qualifications and Experience:
- Deep understanding of the development process for cultivating and stewarding major donors – ideally foundations, family offices, and high net worth individuals
- Superb writing and editing skills with proven ability to translate complex concepts into crisp, clear, accessible language, especially suitable for donor communications
- Strong storytelling ability – communicated via words, presentations, proposals, video, and more
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to build winning financial proposals that monetize value addition and impact
- Demonstrated understanding of current trends in fundraising and communications
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail, and ability to set priorities and complete projects in a timely manner
- Enthusiastic and natural team player with strong communications skills and the ability to work with cross-functional, virtual, and diverse teams to develop plans and drive results
- Proficiency working with PowerPoint, Excel, and InDesign
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment
- Extensive experience in donor relationship, fund raising and grant writing
- Post graduate Diploma or Masters level education with commercial elements
- Reasonable knowledge of climate change, ESG and climate finance arena and experience ideally gained in the NGO/charity sector
- Education in environmental or climate finance or ESG space
- Demonstrated experience in building proposals in the climate finance, ESG and environmental science space
- Prior experience in commercial teams with some leadership experience of a small team
- Project management qualifications and experience
25 Days Holiday