To apply for this job please visit careers.ovo.com.
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Best Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Governance, you will play a fundamental part in providing an effective Risk and Governance function. As Senior Framework & Governance Manager, you would be working to ensure risk & governance frameworks are in place and embedded across OVO Retail.
The Compliance and Risk team is a new one, created following the acquisition by OVO of SSE Retail and this is an exciting time to join the team as it integrates both businesses, working to deliver a best in class Compliance and Risk service.
What will I be doing?
You will be managing the framework & governance team to ensure the right structures to support good governance and risk management are in place across OVO Retail.
Key responsibilities include:
- Driving the development and implementation an overall Risk Framework for OVO Retail – defining its strategic vision and developing senior-level commitment
- Supporting the OVO Retail senior team to identify and periodically review the Principal Risks to OVO Retail
- Ensuring appropriate governance is in place to effectively manage and oversee risk and compliance across OVO Retail
- Developing and maintaining a Policy Framework for OVO Retail to ensure controls are appropriately documented
- Overseeing the rollout of mandatory training to relevant units across OVO Retail
- Supporting the communications and reporting approach for the wider Compliance & Risk group
- Supporting the development of a culture within OVO Retail that understands risk and enables risk-based decision making
- Supervising and guiding Governance Analysts across multiple sites, setting effective strategic goals, and harnessing and developing talent to further support strategic and commercial goals
Is this the job for me?
The ideal candidate will have a passion for risk management and a desire to ensure good governance. You will have an ability to work cooperatively within OVO to embed appropriate risk and governance structures. You will have experience of delivering high value and quality outputs and managing high performing teams.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of risk management, or governance – designing and implementing enterprise risk management frameworks (ISO 31000:2018 or COSO ERM-ISP), operating effective risk governance, and developing managing policy frameworks
- A recognised professional qualification in risk management or governance, and/or be either degree level educated with experience leading a risk or governance function
- An ability to manage change programmes related to risk management and governance within a regulated business
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders
- Confident and capable in leading, motivating, influencing and managing people at all levels with experience of people management
- Resilient in character with strong ethical values and a desire to get it right
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.
Please mention For Purpose Jobs in your application