Salary: £35,000 – £45,000
Do you love the challenge of designing wireless mesh networks and installing them to a high standard? Do you relish the prospect of managing complex projects with high profile clients? Do you love technical troubleshooting and get satisfaction in resolution? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
As a Senior Site Delivery Engineer, you’ll join a small team that designs the wireless mesh networks that connect Guru Hubs together in both new build property developments and for sites that are already occupied. You will interact with clients, suppliers and other trades on sites like property developers, housing associations and mechanical /electrical subcontractors, and work with them to deliver a fully functioning Guru network, using technologies like 4G, ADSL, VPNs, Wireless Mesh technologies and more.
About the role
Your role is to manage site delivery projects from Radio Frequency survey, through mesh network design, commissioning, rectification work, to client reporting and invoicing. You will work closely with the Site Delivery Manager, Guru sales team, supply chain team (who procure hardware), client success team (who support clients when sites are operational) and finance. This will include providing support and guidance to our channel partners that also install and commissioning Guru Hubs and processing returns.
- Significant experience in working with RF technologies and applying in a variety of construction scenarios
- A high level of professionalism when dealing with clients and suppliers verbally and in written documentation
- Tenacity, methodical thinking an attention to detail when resolving issues on site and when troubleshooting
- A high level of organisational skills when managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- CSCS labourer, Site Supervisor qualification, First Aid or other Health and Safety qualifications
- ITIL Foundation
- Any other communications network qualifications
- Qualified electrician
- Prince 2 or equivalent project management experience or qualifications
- Experience in delivery training to commissioning engineers
- Experience in the energy sector including low carbon heat, heat networks in particular and utility metering
Benefits and other information
Reporting to the Head of Operations and task managed by the Site Delivery Manager, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!