Remote Friendly. You can work close to where you love to live and still be a key part of Lime (US & Canada only)
Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me
As an Android engineer at Lime, you will take charge of core development efforts for our consumer-facing Android app. We’re launching our service quickly across the world, and you will be responsible for making sure our app is beautiful, easy-to-use, and can scale to millions of happy users. You’ll be working alongside a group of full-stack engineers, designers, and PMs with experience building consumer apps at companies like Facebook, Twitter, Uber, and Square.
What you’ll do
- Cut UI to spec, and UX to imagination
- Be flexible, quickly iterating on features while collaborating with Product, Design, Marketing, and other functions
- Build product features with a focus on experimentation and analytics
- Think holistically about the development process while constantly taking charge to improve its speed and reliability
- Interface with our backend API, making proactive decisions about our database models
- Guide major releases and monitor for app crashes and regressions
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical background
- 3+ years (5+ years preferred) experience in the industry on Android development, via internships or full-time positions
- Experience writing code with testing and design patterns that can be scaled and maintained
- Experience with modern Android libraries like RxJava, Dagger2, Retrofit, and Android Jetpack
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.
This job cannot be performed within Colorado