Who we are
We are a sustainability-driven FinTech firm on a mission to connect all investors to their own investments.
Tumelo is an angel investor-backed, financial technology firm building soware that will educate and empower investors all over the world.
We partner with UK’s largest investment and pension platforms, empowering them to provide their investors with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about, whether that be gender equality, human rights or climate change. We build APIs and beautiful user interfaces to deliver a totally unique user experience. We give platforms better engagement, acquisition and retention, coupled with the power to create a sustainable investment system for us all.
We’re a close-knit, ambitious team. Based in and around the South West, we work in an agile manner; championing transparency and flexibility while prioritising open communication. We love food, rounders, board games and team holidays (like painting and cliff jumping in Devon).
Our Vision: To give every investor a voice.
Our Mission: To empower platforms to engage investors.
1. We do our best work to achieve our vision
2. We pull together to achieve more for users & customers
3. We are masters of prioritisation
4. We adapt relentlessly
5. We give each other feedback to move each other forwards 6. We trust each other to drive towards success
You’ll be working with some stellar technologies including React, TypeScript, NodeJS, Open API, Golang, gRPC-based microservices, Kubernetes, Terraform, Amazon Cognito, the Google Cloud Platform and GitLab CI.
This is a wide ranging engineering role. You will be working across all elements of the core product, including:
• our core SaaS API that we use both internally for our dashboard and is used by external parties • the back-office web application that we use to operate our core product services
• the data processes we use to enrich the data
• the full suite of Go-based microservices, databases and infrastructure
Enticing? Want to hear more? Well, in 2-week sprint cycles you will:
- Work in an agile team, actively participate in scrum-based ceremonies; in story writing and refinement and help to translate business requirements into usable stories.
- Contribute significantly to the architecture definition, design, development, testing and maintenance of Tumelo’s consumer-facing dashboard, back-office web portal and API suite.
- Ensure the soware is appropriately tested at all stages of the development and deployment cycles, including identifying opportunities for making our test and CI processes ever more effective and efficient, and you will help with the implementation of improvements to those systems.
- Significantly contribute to the growth of our team and the direction of our product. Who you are
- You encapsulate our company values.
- You have a passion for building applications that delight and empower consumers.
- You’re a hands-on developer who loves to get stuck in and get stuff done.
- You are passionate about soware development and enthusiastic about products you work
on, especially about learning new stuff and pushing your own boundaries.
- You love working collaboratively in a small team and are a brilliant, proactive communicator.
- You value giving and receiving constructive and honest feedback.
- You have the flexible attitude required in a start-up environment, with the willingness to adapt
your role and work to our needs as we grow.
- When time allows, you are reflective and dream big. But you’re a speedy worker who can
handle high pressure and a quick turn around when deadlines are tight
- You have a demonstrable passion for social, environmental and/or governance issues.
- You have the right to work in the UK with fluent spoken and written English.
If you have any of the following we’d be especially interested to hear from you. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified below and you think you can rock the role, we’d still love to learn more about you.
- A number of years experience delivering commercial soware products
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of computer science
- Previous experience in a ever changing, scale-up environment.
- Previous experience in an agile, fast-paced, teams, building new-to-market digital products.
- Experience of Go in a commercial environment.
- Experience with React and TypeScript, ideally having used both successfully in a commercial environment, though we are also open to strong developers from other backgrounds who are eager for an opportunity to extend these skills.
- Good knowledge of RESTful API design and Swagger/Open API.
- Experience in the deployment and management of highly scalable websites, preferably using
- Strong interest in testing including TDD & BDD and an enthusiasm for CI and automation.
- Experience in working with a variety of databases at scale (SQL, NoSQL and/or GraphDBs).
- Experience of DevOps, Terraform, Skaffold, GCP and/or AWS.
We recognise that there are lots of opportunities available to soware engineers, however working here, you’ll grow more than you would anywhere else; you will join a team who will appreciate you every day; your contributions will genuinely change our business outcomes; and you will be proud to make a lasting, positive impact on the global investment system. And with that, we hope to hear from you!
The finer detail:
• Full-time role preferred
• Flexible hours (core hours of 10-3)
• Flexible working from home with 8 days/month in Bristol office • Competitive salary based on experience
• Generous company share scheme
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Flexible holiday policy of 33 days incl bank holiday
• Initial application: • CV
• A covering note detailing the life experience that makes you amazing; why you’re good for us; and especially why we’re right for you.
• First interview
• Task & presentation • Second interview
There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout. If Tumelo sounds like a bit of you and if you are excited to ride this rollercoaster alongside us, then please apply
Start date: ASAP