A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 600 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team
We are looking for passionate senior frontend engineers to join our Digital Technology team. You will be contributing to the design, development, and deployment of Lilium’s Mobility Service Platform and supporting services; helping us to build not only beautiful and intuitive user journeys but also contributing to the supporting services that will power them.
This platform is broad in its scope of responsibility, providing the necessary systems that will manage our air taxi service, the aircraft fleet and vertiports. With the customer at the very centre of our focus, we will provide journey booking, communication and identification services amongst other passenger services.
The complexity of the programme is high, containing dependencies within our team as well as into the aircraft engineering and production divisions, vertiport operations and external operational and regulatory stakeholders (such as our pilots, customer services and maintenance organisations). You’ll be working alongside like-minded colleagues to make a significant contribution to the launch of a revolutionary new form of transport.
Our team members are humble generalists and we’re constantly learning and applying new technologies to a tech stack that currently includes React, Elasticsearch, .NET Core, Go, Python, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Cassandra, REST, gRPC, GraphQL, CI/CD.
We’re not expecting you to know all of these technologies. Our team are constantly learning and sharing new skills every day, so if you’re a passionate engineer with some of these skills, we’d love to hear from you.
Successful candidates will
- Be passionate about constantly getting better – with the drive to create continuous improvements across the organisation
- Be motivated by fast-paced environments, where a high degree of autonomy and personal responsibility are given to teams in order to create success
- Have the confidence to drive us forward and expand our culture and working practices
- Be motivated by the opportunity to help us make decisions on the choice of technologies, tools and processes in our current greenfield environment
- Have the desire and flexibility to work across the stack, learning new technologies along the way
- Have experience designing and building rich public-facing, internationalized and accessible customer journeys
- Have experience working with various frontend frameworks and have in-depth knowledge of at least one.
- Have experience building responsive/native applications and evolving them through A/B testing and customer feedback
- Have experience running and maintaining critical systems in production environments
- Have experience/exposure running software in a cloud computing environment. Any experience with AWS would be beneficial
Be willing to draw upon their experience and skills to coach and mentor less experienced team members, helping to grow the
What can you expect from us
We have a low ego culture where the best idea will be embraced, whomever it comes from. We will both support your individual success and challenge your views in an open, honest and respectful manner.
We believe that clear individual responsibility is vital to our success and will therefore give you the support, autonomy and ownership necessary for you to achieve your best.
We have an open communication style, both at a company level (with regular Q&A sessions and learning opportunities) and at an individual basis.
In everything we do, we are driven by our shared ambition to create a brand new mode of transport. Our entrepreneurial and innovation principles guide an approach where we are pushing the bounds of what’s possible, whilst also ensuring our culture continues to be
respectful and inclusive.
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture sessions and free weekly yoga classes, or improve your German or English with our free language courses.
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.