To apply for this job please visit www.chargepoint.com.
With electric vehicles (EV’s) expected to be 25% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering the world’s leading EV charging network and most complete set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every EV charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a reality globally.
Our fanatical focus on charging and 10+ years in business has made us an industry leader. Supported by $538 million from investors including American Electric Power, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, Chevron Technology Ventures, Clearvision, Daimler Trucks & Buses, GIC, Quantum Energy Partners, BMW i Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Linse Capital, and Siemens, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of creating an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market. Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Manager, Software QA
What You Will Be Doing
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be a key member of the ChargePoint QA team responsible for ensuring high quality standards across our product suite. You will develop automation tests & maintain test infrastructure, with a goal of stability, reliability and clear reporting. You will work closely with the engineering and product teams to create test plans, identify components for automation, write and execute the test cases for ChargePoint web & mobile applications. This position requires an individual who is a team player, an excellent communicator, creative, data driven and results oriented.
What You Will Bring to ChargePoint
- Develop and execute test cases, test scripts, test plans, and test scenarios for all applicable requirements
- Follow industry test automation standards, review the existing framework for adherence.
- Plan automation testing in collaboration with QA, developers & product team
- Develop new & maintain existing automation test frameworks for functional and performance testing
- Monitor and report software issues across multiple projects
- Lead the creation of test plans – including technical and business requirements
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Act as a subject matter expert role for various projects and initiatives
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong CS fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience in software development/testing field
- Experience with Java/Python and shell scripting to support CI (e.g. Jenkins) and test automation
- Basic knowledge of SQL and Linux
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail with a result driven test approach
- Ability to work independently
Desirable qualifications / pluses:
- Knowledge/Understanding of OCPP protocol, integration and debugging
- Experience in the field of e-mobility.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.