Senior Software Engineer
Technology and Data Science
Limejump is an award-winning tech company that connects customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work towards our mission to revolutionise the UK energy industry. Limejump is made possible by our team of experts and a meaningful commitment to sustainability. Since 2019, our mission has been supercharged by investment from one of the world’s largest business initiatives, Shell New Energies. By joining Limejump, you’ll work alongside a fun and friendly group of people from all over the world and be instrumental in our shared vision– to harness data and technology that will shape the future of energy.
About the role
You will help drive the design and implementation of our reconciliation engine. A core piece of our platform strategy that will ingest, curate and expose accurate time series data that will be used to drive billing, trading and our data science. Not only will this data need to be accurate but must also be delivered in real-time, across hundreds of data sources in minute-level blocks. This is quite the engineering challenge! You will also play a significant role in establishing what great engineering looks like at Limejump. Mentoring less experienced developers while also ensuring that they have the technical guard rails that enable them to build software rapidly with confidence.
- Be a mentor and role-model for less experienced developers.
- Ensure developers in your team adhere to best practices for code quality, testing and documentation.
- Architect and deliver solutions within your team.
- Lead cross-team technical initiatives.
- Support Product Managers and Engineering Managers by being a key contributor to technical scoping.
- Several years experience writing high quality production code.
- Expert knowledge of one programming language but able to be productive in other languages.
- Able to balance technical purity with business need.
- Productive working in a team or solo.
- Open and collaborative with a desire to help others.
- Fair pay and performance practices, including a transparent bonus structure
- Flexible working options and 25 days annual leave (+ a day off for your birthday!)
- An Innovation Card loaded with your learning budget and 10% time to learn at work
- (Once we’re back!) A friendly plant-filled office with regular fruit delivery and fresh roasted local coffee
- A subsidised onsite gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular team social events, summer and Christmas parties
- Shared Lunch n’ Learns and skill sharing opportunities
- A holistic Employee Assistance programme, offering free phone and/or face-to-face counselling and an excellent discount programme
Limejump values equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.