To apply for this job please visit upside.energy.
As we enter the stage of rapid commercialisation and customer account growth we are now looking for an exceptional person to help us continuously deliver features that provide value to our customers. Our ideal engineer would be an individual who loves to engage with interesting software problems, with an interest in full-stack development and the passion to build and shape the future within a collaborative, community-based environment. We operate a highly agile development approach, giving wide scope to be involved with hands-on system-design, test driven development, deployment and operations.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable & reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, reliability and quality of the Upside platform
- Contribute to development across the entire stack from the front end down to the infrastructure that the platform runs on
- Contribute to the software engineering culture here at Upside
- Mentor junior engineers via pairing, design review & code review
- Collaborate regularly with colleagues with many different professional specialities to create innovative solutions that delight our customers and colleagues
- 5+ years of industry experience in software development & design
- Proven experience in one or more of the following:
- Java development and testing frameworks (Java, Java Spring, Junit & Mockito);
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud providers, or serverless technologies e.g. AWS Lambda, Kinesis, DynamoDB, API Gateway
- A drive to get things done in a collaborative, agile development environment
- A proven ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work effectively across functions (product, analytics etc)
- Experience with Angular (we’re currently using Angular 6); CSS/SASS or React (we’re currently in the process of migrating from Angular)
- Experience developing, securing or operating cloud scale applications or infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc) and passion for improving the way cloud applications are built
- Knowledge of industry trends in technologies used in Upside’s technical stack
This role is permanent, and based in the Northern Quarter, Manchester.
Note: This description gives a feel for the role, however if you’re missing something here but think you’d fit, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Upside employee we offer you…
- Competitive salary
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance cash plan
- Life assurance
- Cycle to Work scheme (when we can!)
- Flexible working and unpaid holiday options
- Paid socials
- Casual dress code
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status.