We’re looking for a Senior Tax Manager to join our Finance Team in London
Having recently secured well over £500m investment during 2020, we’re continuing expansion of our global mission. This is a period of rapid international expansion for Octopus Energy and we are seeking a Senior Tax Manager with international tax experience.
In this role you’ll report directly to our Group Financial Controller and work closely with key stakeholders across the business, both locally and internationally. This role will focus on international tax planning and compliance with consideration to both corporate and personal taxation.
The role is a great opportunity for an individual looking to move into a broad role within a fast-paced environment, and will gain significant experience.
What you’ll do
- Provide structuring advice on acquisitions and tax support both pre- and post-integration
- Have oversight of all indirect tax including VAT group planning and structuring
- Assist in personal tax queries including IR35 considerations and assessing the implications of global share options schemes
- Support the completion of Research and Development claims
- Support with tax authority enquiries and audits
What you’ll need
- Qualified tax professional with international experience
- Extensive technical knowledge of corporate, indirect and international tax
- Knowledge of employment taxes including the implications of share and share option schemes
- Excellent communicator across a variety of different scenarios
- Strong advisory skills
- Tax experience and familiarity with international tax regimes, including transfer pricing and permanent establishment rules
Why else you’ll love it here
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Relaxation – we don’t count your holidays here, we work hard, and so we know you need to play hard as well (within reason of course)
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
If this opportunity sounds like you and you have a genuine passion for what we’re doing at Octopus Energy then we’d love to hear from you.