We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest-growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest-growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
We are currently running a fully remote interview process due to Covid-19, and we are able to on-board and hire remotely as well.
Read more about our hiring process – it includes interview tips! https://bulb.co.uk/careers/join-the-team/
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Tax Manager to join Bulb’s growing Finance team, at the heart of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies.
We are looking for someone who can actively manage our tax processes, reporting and compliance as we continue to expand. This role will work closely with key external and internal stakeholders across the business, both in the UK and globally. This role reports directly to our Group Financial Controller with a strong focus on VAT and other indirect taxes.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to move into a broad and expanded tax role within a fast-paced environment covering both direct and indirect taxes.
* Take ownership of Bulb’s tax matters. This will involve having complete oversight of all indirect taxes in the UK including VAT planning and structure and Climate Change Levy compliance
* Oversee the completion of UK R&D claims
* Ownership of Bulb’s transfer pricing arrangements, overseas permanent establishment assessments and tax compliance of Bulb’s International businesses
* Ownership of annual tax computations and year-end tax reporting within statutory accounts
* Support with HMRC enquiries and audits
* Assist the People Team with employment tax matters including IR35 considerations, secondment considerations and share scheme implications
Must have skills
* Qualified tax professional
* Extensive technical knowledge of UK indirect taxes and UK corporate tax, and working acknowledgement of international tax
* Strong critical thinking and attention to detail
* Strong advisory skills and excellent communicator, particular to senior members of the Finance team
Nice to have skills (but not essential)
* Experience working in energy or utilities
* Experience working in a start-up environment
* Experience with multinational companies
* Experience with Netsuite
Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
Cycle to work scheme
One month sabbatical leave after your first year
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We want to shake up the energy industry, and a diverse team that reflects our members will help us do just that. We know that sometimes, people don’t apply for a job because they don’t have every single skill listed in the job’s requirements. But there’s more to every role – and everyone at Bulb – than we can fit in a job description. So if you’re interested in a role here and believe you could be a good fit, we encourage you to apply. Even if you’re not ready now, if you’re invited to interview with us you’ll get feedback on the skills you should grow to become a candidate in the future. We’ve written more about building a diverse team on the Bulb blog.