At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
The Bus Team is on a mission to Transport the public to a sustainable future by building an unbeatable product at an unbeatable price, whilst creating a compelling rider experience and empowering operators with a set of integrated services and technologies. The group are typically based remotely with prototype vehicles being built in Arrival’s Banbury facility and micro-factories due to emerge across the globe.
- Own one or more thermal systems on the vehicle. This will include representing your system requirements, working with external suppliers and working alongside design engineers to integrate world class solutions.
- Take responsibility for functional, cost, and weight requirements.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to understand and work around package requirements and limitations, ergonomics, manufacturability, serviceability etc.
- Coordinate and conduct hardware and software testing in the lab and climate chamber to validate thermal management system functionality and reliability.
- Manage, and maintain technical documentation like DVP and DFMEA, Component, and System Technical Specifications.
- Support prototype build, Test & Validation, and launch activities.
- Coordinate with manufacturing groups on mass production assembly solutions, assembly sequence, and part feasibility.
- Identify and interpret internal or external issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Solve complex problems by looking outside of the team or company to identify an appropriate resolution.
- Be able to work independently whilst seeking support and guidance as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering including subjects that covered Refrigerant Cycles, Thermo Dynamics & Fluid Mechanics.
- Good working knowledge of refrigerant, coolant, airflow and high voltage components.
- Hands-on experience of refrigerant systems and fluid distribution systems.
- Thermal system testing at both a component and vehicle level.
- Experience in heat pump application is a plus.
- Demonstrable experiences in thermal management systems, preferably automotive, rolling stock or aerospace.
- Experience in Simulation and Thermal Model Software is beneficial.
- Electric vehicle experience is a bonus.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.