To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Job Title: Senior Transition Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Market Intelligence
Location: Europe – working remotely until further notice
Hours: Full Time
Salary: NGO Competitive
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy. Our main work streams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy. Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
To date, green and climate finance capital flows have been principally directed at activities which can be considered ‘already green’. There has been significantly less investment into transitioning activities and assets that are associated with the highest-emitting industries and entities, especially in the corporate sphere. However, to meet Paris Agreement goals and the EU net zero 2050 target, an economy-wide transition in which companies transition away from existing activities towards better alternatives is critical.
The Climate Bonds Initiative is launching a strategic, multi-year Transition Programme, with an initial focus on driving industrial decarbonisation in the EU. The successful candidate for this position will have strong analytical skills and excellent writing skills, as well as some experience of managing research projects. The Senior Transition Analyst will join the Market Intelligence team to conduct analysis and research on transition finance at both company and instrument levels.
- Conducting transition-related data analysis at both company and debt instrument levels as required for database maintenance, research reports and other purposes (e.g. blogs, briefings, presentations)
- Producing and managing the development of high-quality, visually appealing analytical reports, briefings and other publications on transition and sustainability-linked bond issuance, market developments, trends and opportunities.
- Supporting other teams’ work on identifying and signposting credible transitions by providing first-hand transition market analysis.
- Liaising with other teams and external partners on relevant data enquiries.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the transition bond database methodologies and processes, and identifying new project ideas.
- Supporting the management of other themed bond analysis, including green, social and sustainability bonds.
- Task managing interns where relevant.
- Supporting the work of the co-Heads of the Market Intelligence team on other relevant tasks and projects as required.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about green finance.
- A can-do attitude and ability to take initiative and think independently.
- A self-starter with a positive outlook.
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in a relevant subject(s)
- An understanding of financial markets, including market development processes, key stakeholders and financial instruments.
- Proven ability to research and analyse large quantities of information across different datasets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven track record of producing high-quality reports or equivalent written analytical outputs with impactful and compelling messaging.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Skills in using financial terminals such as Bloomberg or Refinitiv Eikon.
- Modelling skills in MS Excel and/or Python.
- Experience in working with a team with a multi-cultural background and across time zones.
- Experience in fixed-income product research, structuring, rating, or investing.
- Experience in working with investors and/or regulators.
- CFA, or working towards the CFA designation.
NGO Competitive Salary
Opportunity to work with global teams on stimulating projects that have a positive impact globally
Work with Thought Leaders and grow your career
Remote and flexible working
Family friendly and inclusive environment
Local benefits appropriate to your region e.g. carbon free pension options
25 days holiday