Formula E is the pinnacle of electric motorsport; unpredictable, highly competitive open cockpit, open wheel racing in the centre of some of the world’s most iconic cities.
In its first seven seasons, Formula E has crowned 6 different champions and celebrated 21 winners in 84 races. With more automotive manufacturers on the grid than any other motorsport, the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship is one of the world’s most compelling racing series and enters its eighth season as the fastest growing sport on the planet.
But we’re more than a race; Formula E was founded to counteract climate change by accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles and as an unparalleled proving ground for race-to-road electric vehicle technologies. In Season 8, our ambition has grown as has our vision to accelerate sustainable human progress through an all out race for better futures. The only sport certified net zero carbon since inception, Formula E is a beacon for fans who want to enjoy edge-of-seat racing today at the same time as having a positive effect on the world tomorrow.
Working with us
At Formula E, we have created an environment that supports our colleagues to perform at their best. We are innovative, curious and we love the world we live in which is why we value sustainability. We believe that work should be fun and, whilst we are passionate about delivery, we are one team and supporting each other is key to our success.
The Senior Video Producer (SVP) will drive all in-house video creation for Formula E owned and earned digital channels, managing a team of editors to deliver best-in-class engaging content, aimed at growing the sport’s fanbase.
As part of the digital team, the Senior Video Producer will play an integral role in the global development of Formula E. This person will require strong editorial judgement, a practical skillset, as well as excellent organisational skills and have the ability to work under pressure.
What you will be doing
- Plan, manage and execute a wide variety of video production projects for Formula E social channels
- Manage a team of 2, whilst working collaboratively with external agencies and other in-house resource
- Instill best practices for the internal team in terms of video production
- Be able to take on tasks including shooting and editing, adapting to the fast-paced world of motorsport
- Act as the central contact for all in-house video requirements, planning workflow and assigning resource
- Work flexibly, including evenings and weekends as per the season race calendar.
What we are looking for
As part our ambitious growth strategy, we’re looking for an organised, but creative, individual to be the linchpin of all video production at Formula E.
- An excellent communicator, able to prioritise effectively, you will have a strong experience with managing both shoots and pure editing projects
- Experience of editing (Premiere and After Effects) in a fast-paced environment is desirable
- The ability to shoot in 4k and having the skills to be hands-on with live projects is just as critical to the successful functioning of the team
- You will have in depth, proven experience in a sporting broadcast environment, bringing the knowledge required to help build a strong internal team within a complex stakeholder ecosystem
- Although an understanding of motorsport is desirable, a strong knowledge of social platforms and content that connects with sports fans is essential
- Travel will be required throughout the year as the race/event calendar dictates.
The small print…
Before applying, please make sure you read the Formula E Privacy Notice available on our website: https://www.fiaformulae.com/en/jobs
We receive a high number of applications per role and therefore ONLY successful applicants will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based job who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation before applying for any jobs. Formula E is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a unique opportunity, a competitive salary and an environment that inspires innovation and supports professionals to perform at their best in their chosen fields.