At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
- Develop autonomous driving sensing system requirements and the performance criteria required of the sensing systems and to be able to apply these to system architecture design.
- Generation of top level and sub-system requirements for autonomous driving sensors such as LiDAR, radar and imaging sensors. This includes key system performance criteria and derived requirements.
- Develop system architecture and integration solutions of these sensing systems within our vehicle platforms.
- Develop new sensor system concepts and signal processing algorithms as required by each sensing technology.
- Present system design concepts, performance and algorithms to team members, management and internal customers as necessary.
- To work in close collaboration with our other multi-disciplined engineering teams and technical partners, based in various locations globally, to deliver sensing system solutions for the vehicle platforms and test environments.
- Provide system design and testing support, including the system design and build of test fixtures as required.
- To lead troubleshooting and root cause analysis where needed on the sensor systems as part of the vehicle platforms and in test environments.
- System design and development in time sensitive applications.
- Experience of interfaces such as, LVDS in the GB/s range, I2C, SPI, UART, CAN and Ethernet.
- Digital system design experience with MCUs, FPGAs and mixed signal ASICs
- Experience in bringing up system of systems solutions developed from reference designs, be they from our own internal teams or from 3rd party sources.
- Good knowledge and experience of systems comprising, opto-electronics, RF electronics and high-speed data interfaces and networks.
- Good hands on experience of electronic systems engineering, testing and debugging.
- Education: Electronics Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical degree or equivalent experience.
Nice to have
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace engineering sectors or new technology development.
- Experience with radar, LiDAR and imaging technologies.
- Experience with FPD-Link III, Automotive Ethernet interfaces.
- Experience working on autonomous and electric vehicle platforms.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.