Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands. We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products globally with annual sales turnover in excess of $250 million across 17 territories.
Job Description: Sensory Taste Panellist
Reports to: Sensory Researcher and Panel Manager
Responsible For: No line management responsibility
Purpose of role:
To aid product development and quality control by providing objective analysis of the sensory properties of Quorn, Cauldron and other products as required, using a variety of sensory methodologies. To safeguard our product quality through excellence in product release and shelf life testing.
Your Key Contributions and Tasks/Accountabilities
- Picks up Flavour Texture or Appearance faults of all intermediate products made at Stokesley and Belasis.
- Keeps up to date with changes to recipes through tasting with a reference (gold standard) sample on 1st 5 production runs
Development & NPD Guidance:
- Generates attributes for QDA profiling
- Conducts QDA profiling with good performance in
- Discrimination – ability to identify differences in nature and intensity
- Validity – ability to rank products in correct order of magnitude
- Repeatability – ability to repeat her own results
- Agreement – ability to be in line with the majority
- Conducts testing of products over shelf life using profiling method
- Evaluates products using other sensory methodologies as required
- Can identify the 5 basic tastes
- Can rank 5 different dilutions of a basic taste
- Abides by the Sensory Panel rules to ensure optimum state for tasting
- Contributes to team meetings
- Gives advice and support to team members
- Identifies and agrees personal development needs
- Takes actions to address personal development needs – being pro-active
- Keeps up to date with product developments
- Keen Interest in Food and Food quality
- Non-smoker & good general health
- Team player
- Must be able to identify the 5 basic tastes
- Quorn Consumer
We are offering a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme and life insurance options, Employee Assistance Program, and Staff Shop.